Wednesday, October 07, 2009

True Randomness

I am DYING to make these! I think they are so adorable!! I first saw them at Interior Rooms. Stop by and look at Blossom's awesome wreaths and Halloween decorating. I want to make these so bad that I actually emailed my mom and asked her if she would have time to help me with them this weekend {Mom, I haven't heard from you! Let me know so I can get the supplies}. With a little research, I found that you can do snowmen the same way for Christmas. The idea of putting lights underneath is just the neatest idea ever! Too cute for little trick-or-treaters!And what's up with all the chocolate cake? Yum! They look delicious, but for a mom on a diet - and LOVES chocolate - and hadn't walked all week - those pictures aren't helping me...at all!! Take your pick: Jill's recipe and Big Mama's recipe.

And who is counting down the days until Christmas? Certainly not me. My Santa Savings came in this week and for the first time in years, I have no reason to rush right out and get that first gift! Why? Because I have absolutely NO idea what to buy this year!! But get ready, Girls, because BooMama has passed the torch for this year's Christmas Tour of Homes. Find out about it here. {And don't ask me how I underlined that because I have NO idea how I did it!!}

I don't think I've ever blogged before with the words "Halloween" & "Christmas" in the same post!

I believe that a warm bath is the cure for most anything - especially when Philosophy products are involved. As soon as I convinced Alise to get a warm bath last night, she perked up a little bit. When she woke up this morning, she was talking her head off so I knew she was ok to go back to school. Another stomach bug bit the dust in the Horton Household.

This weekend:
1. I have a TON of baking to do to get ready for Grandparent's Day on Monday at Alise's school. The PTO has asked parents to bring desserts for the special day. They have also asked that they be "home made" and not "store bought." Not even gonna go there, folks, but I will show you my little "home-made-with-store-bought-love" next week. That reminds me. I need to call Walmart. Now.

2. But I'm also hoping to squeeze in another (brief) trip to the pumpkin patch with Baby Girl donned in her Halloween costume - complete with makeup. I wanna try and get some more pics for our Fall greeting card that my sweet friend, Audrey, is doing for me.

3. Then, of course, there is the Bama v. Ole Miss game at 2:30 - the game that "coulda-shoulda-been." The original plan was to meet Doug and Mirya in Oxford for the game, but Ole Miss refunded our money because they sold all the tickets. That's a rebel for you!!

4. And I am absolutely watching the Florida v. LSU game! Will Tim Tebow play? I'm saying no. Don't know which team I'm gonna pull for. They are both a thorn in {my} Alabama's side.

5. And then there is a 9 year old swimming/slumber birthday party to go to at a hotel. Yes, a hotel. Alise has already asked me if she could spend the night and I told her, "I don't think so." Gah! She thinks she's sixteen or something! Of course, I'm only going for the birthday cake and ice cream. Gosh, I hope it's chocolate!

Have a great weekend and don't forget to leave a comment for my giveaway here. It ends tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. Those ghosts are so adorable! What a cute idea. I just did a little project with a pumpkin last night that was super easy.

    I am glad Alise is feeling better!

    I am at a loss for what to buy Carter for Christmas. I just have no idea where to start. He has so much that he does not need one thing.

    Your weekend sounds like a very busy one. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have only won on your blog before I feel lucky so I will enter. You are too busy! I am counting down to xmas, can;t wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ghosts are great! I am so glad Alise is better. That stomach stuff is so bad in my town right now. I hope you have a fun weekend. Hopefully we can go to a pumpkin patch on Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are busy, busy! Love those sweet little ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep he'll play. And shame on Urban Meyer when he is concussed again and on the way to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete