Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Favorite Halloween Things

I am SO excited about Halloween and I'm SO in the mood to begin decorating! How about you?!

I could not let this post pass by without mentioning the Broadway play, "Wicked" as one of my favorite things! If you've been reading my blog for very long, you know that me and my BFF made a quick little trip to New York in July specifically to see this major production. And we were NOT disappointed. Check your local entertainment guides and see if this is coming to your town and RUN to see it! You will love it!
I absolute LOVE these from Parents Magazine!!! If I had the patience {key word}, I would like to take this witchy little project on. However, I think these are so detailed that I would have to pay to have them made. But think about a Fall or Halloween birthday party! Wouldn't they be so cute?!
This Frankenstein tin can is adorable and would be perfect stuffed with candy corn or other Halloween candy. Go here to find directions on how to make it.

I saw this cute platter at Target for $14.99 a few weeks ago. I'm getting one this weekend! It looks small here, but is really a nice large size. Totally worth it.
I found this cute Halloween banner on Etsy. If you just search on "halloween banners," there are SO many to choose from and in every style and taste. I wish I had a fireplace mantel to hang one. I'm thinking the entertainment center is looking really good right now.
These pj's are to die for! Almost makes me wish I had "another" for a "pair." NOT! Don't get any ideas, people.
And last but not least, here is a Halloween "treat" that I did buy off Etsy from seller Orange1. Check out her store! LOTS of cute party items. These are cupcake wrappers. Who would have ever thought?!
Love the matching little cupcake picks, too. You can choose your own font and even get scalloped edges. I bought this set for Grandparent's Day that is coming up at Alise's school in a few days and for her class Halloween party. The kids are gonna love 'em!
What are some of your favorite Halloween things?

And just for the record, I had this post planned before I saw Kelly's post yesterday. Great minds think alike!

13 comments:

  1. Love everything Laura! Those wiches are too cute, gotta look those up!! I love everything about Fall/Halloween! Fall is my favorite season and I'm absolutely giddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big Halloween person, but do love to decorate for Fall. I was waiting until Octobear 1st and now it's yukky outside. I plan to buy some mums tomorrow and decorate my porch tree with Halloween/Fall decorations. I think the cupcake holders are darling.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me the link to those pajamas! How cute are they ;)

    And is it sad that I'm STILL listening to the Wicked soundtrack in my car? It's been 5 months! I wanna go back...I WILL go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love candy! I like all those items you showed - really liking that platter! I love Halloween treat bags, boxes, containers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall! I love the colors, the weather, the leaves changing, pumpkin patches, the candy. It is fun to dress MK up and take her around the neighborhood. We don't go to too many houses. I get "Booed" every year. Someone leaves candy and a note that I was Booed. Then it is my job to Boo someone else without them finding out it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All cute!!! I LOVE when you share an Etsy store!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff, Laura! The chill is in the air, and I feel the fall fever, too. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK I might have to steal the cupcake idea! So cute! Not sure on my costume this year...might just do something simple to go with L's Elmo outfit like Abby Cadabby haha:) I haven't posted on the reunion yet...need to download the pics. Not much to tell we had a poor turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall is such a fun time. You do such a great job of posting neat ideas and links. I also want to thank you for following my blog. I love all the comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow those are some good finds.

    i think i've paid my dues in the cute cupcake department for now though. :)

    one of those banners might be in my future...very cute!

    i've been meaning to add you to my blogroll for a while now...i'm going to take the time to do that today!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much cute stuff! What is the witch treat? I recognize the ice cream cones, but what is the face made of?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently, me, you and Kelly were all thinking alike. I'm just now checking my blog buddies posts from the past couple of days, so I missed this. I've been in the decorating mood for a few days now. Well, tonight I just got done decorating for Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know (all of them). What I like to do is decorate for both holidays and then take Halloween down as soon as it's over. The day after Thanksgiving, I decorate for Christmas.

    I found some cute little luminiary Halloween tins at Target for $2.50 each. I purchased 2 black haunted house & 2 orange pumpkin. I thought about setting them outside, but made a cute display inside instead. I will post pics as soon as I finished telling about Doug's trip to CA. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love candy! I like all those items you showed - really liking that platter! I love Halloween treat bags, boxes, containers.
    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete