Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Need Your Help!

Friday, October 30th will be the last pep rally at Alise's school and the theme is "Black Out."

Does anyone have ideas for teacher's gifts for that day? Nothing elaborate. Just a cute little "happy." I've been all over Etsy and can't seem to find a thing!

Another question: Has anyone tried the Spiced Apple Cider from Starbucks? I don't drink coffee and every drink I've tried from there has been awful to say the least (we have a Starbucks in the hospital where I work)! So I was just wondering if it was worth spending $8 for a cup of cider?

Also, check out the Auburn joke Semi-Slacker left me on yesterday's post. Too funny.

Still no Bama v. LSU tickets....yet.

7 comments:

  1. If you could find payday candy bars, that would be cute. Our PTO gives us those sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. Retro loves to tell jokes.

    We had a Green Out last Friday Night! But I've got nothing gift wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I would love to have Alise in my class. You always come up with such cute things!! The only thing I can think of is some cute sunglasses, but wrong time of year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know about the spiced apple cider, but the caramel apple cider is AMAZING and worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't drink coffee, but I do drink decaf lattes and have tried just about everything at Starbucks. I'm not a fan of their cider. It's basically a mix that they heat up. I'd say hold out for their salty caramel hot chocolate when they start promoting it next month.

    And wish I could help, but I'm not very creative with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried that drink from Starbucks but have read several blogs where they were mentioned. I have been thinking about giving it a try.

    A little gift for Alise's teacher? With a black out theme get them something to provide light. A flashlight or what about buying a candle in a jar and then decorating the outside of the jar with scrapbook paper and embelishments. You could do a school theme or mascot or even holiday. I have also seen people decorate a pillar candle with pictures printed on vellum and then tacked in with a brad and ribbons tied together. The bad thing about that is that you cannot safely burn the candle.

    I can wait to see what you come up with. I love all the "happ" gifts you have done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flashlight idea. I just saw some cute little ones today, but can't remember where. At the time I thought one for each purse would be a good idea.

    I love Starbucks, but usually just stick to their mochas. I especially like their peppermint mocha during the Christmas season. That said, I think $8 for a drink is way too much no matter how good it is.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete