Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally! A Video!

Sorry it has taken me so long to upload the video from last week's cheer "performance," but someone - and I do mean someone - has enjoyed watching herself immensely over and over again this week on my Flip video camera. So much so, that now she knows how to operate the thing all by herself! Anyhoo, here it is (And I decided to only upload the football game performance because she did much better than at the pep rally earlier that morning):

videoSo what do you think? Do we have a future Alabama cheerleader on our hands? Ha! And did you notice the curtsies after the cheer?

Great news! Alise has decided that she likes her advanced gymnastics class now. Can you believe it? If you don’t know about our gymnastics debacle, go here and here. And let me just say that Mommy is so relieved! It broke my heart to think that she might really be wanting to quit. When I got to the gym Wednesday afternoon, my mom told me that Alise had been playing around on the smaller beam (higher than the “baby beam” in her old gym, but lower than the beam she wigged out about last week). I talked to her Coach after practice and she said that Alise was doing great. Her only draw back is that she is scared of the beam, but she’s letting her get familiar with the smaller beam first. She said she did great on bars and that it was only her second week. Coach M assured me that she would let me know if she didn’t think Alise could handle the class. Again, more praising this week and with good reason, too!


Aren’t these little happy’s so cute?! My mom helped with my idea by buying the mums and adding the tissue paper for even more color. I bought the lanterns at Target. The mums are removable so a candle can be put in the lantern for Halloween. I thought they were so cute and turned out just like I had envisioned. And who do you think got to keep these sweet treats?! Why, Alise’s teachers, of course!! Alise was so excited to hand them out and was sure to give Ms. L the black one because “her hair is black.” Ha!

If you are a romantic like me, check out this wedding proposal that Bakerella had a "spatula in" last week. I just love that story!

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Alise did such a great job! It's so wonderful that those opportunities are present in your community for young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise did an awesome job! She is a fantastic cheerleader. I am so glad that gym was better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, Alise is such a great cheerleader! I do see her cheering for Alabama in 15 years!!! And girl, Loving those pumpkin lanterns with the mums! I may have to borrow your idea as a Halloween gift for Aidan & Evan's teachers this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little Halloween mums! What part of LA do yall live in? I'm actually from LA too! I'm only in FL finishing school...I am counting the days until I can move back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Alise. She's such a cutie! I'm glad that the gymnastics drama is over. And those happys, love them! We've been so busy, I haven't done anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mums are so cute...love them. And, Alise sitting between them is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alise was AMAZING! I think you have an All-Star Cheerleader on your hands. So cute and it looks like she was having so much fun!

    Those happy's are so cute. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete