Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Thursday

So this is what Alise will be for Halloween this year. She has been Minnie Mouse happy ever since we went to Disney for her birthday in May. And yes, I am crazy. I paid $30 for this costume at our nearest Target store. Out of my mind, I tell ya! Completely out of my mind. It really is a cute costume, though, and I told Alise when I bought it that she couldn't change her mind. She was so excited about her costume!

The Fair is in town!! Look out diet! I may have to rob you with Elephant Ears, funnel cakes, cotton candy, and carmel apples! Yummy! We’re planning on taking Alise and meeting her friend Addison there next week. Those two have been to the fair together nearly every year! And I just love to go at night to see everything lit up!

Hunting season opens in 6 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes, and 17 seconds. I will be a widow for the next 4 months, 6 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes, and 16 seconds. And yes! I am bitter about it. Just sayin…

I really need to do something with my hair. I was thinking about going darker and just getting some lo-lites. We’ll see.

We’re getting a babysitter this weekend. My last date night before I become a widow. Not sure if we’ll watch the game against Arkansas at home or at our favorite burger joint. Good luck to all my Arkansas friends! You Pig-Sooie fans need to check out the pic of this pig! Ha! I am so looking forward to this match up!!

Last week, I finished Jodi Picoult’s new book, Handle with Care and it was very good. Probably my favorite book of hers, but then again, I’ve only read two. This week, I have decided to pick up my Bible everyday. Hopefully, it will help with the bitterness. I’ve also got a ton of magazines to catch up on.

Been meaning to show you these pics from our little "sunflower trip" this summer. Let me know what you think? Although I don't think they are appropriate for Christmas cards, look out family, because you will be seeing them again in a frame very soon!

And what's up with all the Bama people entering my life lately? Yesterday I attended my first "Mustang Moms" pow-wow at Alise's school and lo' and behold, I sat beside a new BFF that moved here from Decatur!! Apparently she noticed my license plate - we both walk our daughters in to school every morning. I nearly pounced on her! We talked and talked about Decatur, our families and Huntsville. SO exciting to meet Bama fans and make friends! THEN! Someone noticed my Bama checks and began telling me about her son attending UAB in Birmingham. Fun times, let me tell ya!

If you want to play along with Random Thursday, visit Brooke's blog and sign up with Mr. Linky!

12 comments:

  1. Cute sunflower pics! And what is up w/ all these Bama fans in LA? Don't they know that LSU is the pride, and the ONLY pride, of our state???

    We are going to the fair at some point this weekend - our first fair in Monroe! Although I'm scared.to.death of the swine flu, but that can't keep me from the funnel cake! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, Mallory was Minnie last year and it is soooo cute. Have not ready Handle With Care yet but I have it. If you liked it you should make your way through the rest of her books. She is my favorite author

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...our fair was last weekend and I thought I was going to go both Saturday AND Sunday...so I passed on the funnel cake on Saturday, b/c I was getting it Sunday, and we didn't go Sunday....sadness! Next fair I will jump on that funnel cake! And, since you're a PIGS fan, have you seen this video? I think he got a little airtime on ESPN last year, he's a friend of my little brother's from college...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-vvcgJYy8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunflower pictures! So cute. Alise will have a ball at the fair. MK sure did. I will have to read Handle with Care. The pig picture, well... I laughed. I wasn't expecting that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lurve the Halloween costume. I completely understand. I do stuff like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooooove Minnie Mouse! Alise is going to be SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hold up!!! who is the Decatur gal? That is my home town!!!! Love those sunflower pics and the costume!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do random really well!! You had me laughing with the exact countdown til hunting season starts!!

    I just got Handle With Care from the library and I can't wait to start it! I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan so I'm glad to hear you liked it!! You should check out her other books!

    The costume is adorable! I've spent that kind of money on costumes too...it's so worth it to see the smiles on their little faces as they're dressing up on Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one cute Halloween costume! Alise will look adorable like always!

    I love the pictures in the Sunflower field.

    I love all of Jodi Picoult's book - each and every one of them are great. You can't go wrong with any of them.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, those Sunflower pics are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love all of them!! I wish I had a little girl so I could take the same type of pictures!! I LURVE the fair!! Have a wonderful time. I think calories don't count @ the fair, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Halloween costume. It looks perfect for Alise! And lo-lites are the perfect thing to do for fall/winter. I say go for a change! The worst thing that happens is you don't like it and you go back to what you had before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you should definitely eat an Elephant Ear - yummy :)

    And the pictures are great summer pictures!

    ReplyDelete