Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The New Mary Lou?!


My heart is filled with happiness tonight!

This evening after Alise's gymnastics class, her coach asked to speak to me and another mom. She told us that she wanted to move our daughters into another class that was more advanced. Alise is really that good? An advanced class? I couldn't believe it! But I was thrilled! Until. She told me the time of the class. My heart just fell because it was before 5:00 and I was already leaving early on Monday's to get her to dance on time. I didn't know how I could swing leaving early two days a week. Her coach asked if there was anyone that could bring her to the class and I immediately thought of my mom (The other mom doesn't work - how fortunate!). She told me that she wanted to talk to Alise about it, but that she needed to know if she would be able to make the class first. My mom is the best! She agreed to get Alise to her new gymnastics class.

When Alise and I talked about it on the way home, she wigged out and started crying! Her new class will be in the "big" gym with the bigger bars and apparatuses. She is scared of the bigger room and equipment. She also didn't like the idea of getting a new Coach because she loves her current one so much! I explained to her that she had been taking gymnastics for three years and that she needed more special attention than the smaller boys and girls that are in her class now. I also assured her that she would not be working on the bigger equipment just yet. That seemed to make things better. I reminded her that her friend would be there, too. After we got home, I shared the news with Wayne and we both told her how proud we were of her. She seems to be okay with the thought now and told us that she wanted to start the new class next week. I still plan to take her back to the gym so that her Coach can talk to her about it.

I am SO excited!!

13 comments:

  1. I am glad she is okay with the change, and yipee for Mom coming through for you. Congrats on such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really great news! I know you were super proud of her. As parents with think are kids are pretty terrific, but it is awesome when someone else notices. Great Job Alise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's so exciting!! You should take video and upload it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know y'all are very proud parents right now. Yay, Alise! You go girl! Uncle Doug & I are very proud of you as well. Who knows, we might actually get to see her in the Olympics one day. Wouldn't that be awesome?!?

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Alise!!!!! Glad things worked out for her to be able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD for her!! I think that's so exciting. You'll have to keep us all update on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting that Alise is getting moved up a class. Let us know how it goes! I am glad that she is feeling better about it - in a few years should we be watching for an Alise Horton at trials?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What exciting news!!! Go Alise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great news! I think gymnastics is so good for strength and agility -- things I lack at this point! I told my girls I will give them each $10 when they can do a perfect cartwheel, and $25 if they can do splits. You might have to raise the bar (no pun intended) on such offers for Alise. She might pay her way to Disney with cartwheels, round-offs and back-flips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo! Way to go Alise!!! That's great news Laura! You must be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete