Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Daughter Tattooed Herself

So, Alise decided to tattoo herself this past weekend while I was trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. Apparently, this past week at school, she and her classmates enjoyed a class project of looking at each other’s finger prints. While I was asleep Saturday afternoon, she found a HOT PINK stamp pad and preceeded to somehow, someway drench herself in it. How it didn’t get on my couch, I will never understand. And, as if that wasn’t enough, continued to give herself butterfly tattoos all up and down the calf of her right leg. Later, when we met up with her daddy – who had been at the camp the entire day – at Cracker Barrel for supper, he asked me, “Why did you let her out of the house looking like that?” Ugh! Whell, at least the tattoos matched her hot pink flip flops! Luckily, our friends, the Keene’s, were enjoying a nice supper (until we got there) and since Lisa is a school teacher, she suggested using Windex. When we got home, we used Windex, and rubbing alcohol, and fingernail polish remover until all three of us were high as kites (not really). These pictures were taken after all that and do not do the damage justice.

Check out the new Fall Gymboree line and tell me what you think. I can't tell you the last time I bought anything from Gymboree simply because it seems the older Alise gets the less cuter the clothes are. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, now is the time to be earning Gymbucks and they are sporting a huge Labor Day sale.

Look at these wonderful headbands my mom made for Alise! Didn't she do a great job? I got the idea from Melissa when she posted it here.
This will be my last post this week due to all the things I need to do to get ready to head to Alabama on Friday evening. We are SO excited about seeing our family and watching the football game with them. There is something to be said about watching Bama play with family. So if you get bored, turn your TV on ABC Saturday night at 7:00 and cheer for the red and white team!

Speaking of family, I retold the story to Alise that Mirya posted on her blog about Katie thinking that we lived at the beach (The last time the girls saw each other was last year on our beach vacation). Alise thought that was absolutely hilarious!! I thought it was a perfectly glorious idea!!

Have wonderful Labor Day weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you all have a great time! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the tattooes this way, at least they are pretty and not black or red markers. I think the pink butterflies are sweet touch. HA HA! Not too long ago, a lady on facebook, that I know, showed pictures of her children all marked up all over their faces with permanent black markers.

    Y'all drive careful and we'll see you Saturday. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Labor Day!! Oh boy, the things that kids do when we aren't giving them our full attention! I have Evan stories that I could tell for days,lol! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!! I'll think of you on Saturday night cheering on Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO funny! Hey at least she chose pink and not black:) Not so sure about me becoming an SEC fan hahaha! Actually I like Alabama and Vandy...but I will NEVER be a TN, LSU or Ole Miss fan. NEVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy have I been out of the blog loop! Nice new blog design! Cute tattoo as well.... my boys LOVE to do that with the wet n stick ones! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the headbands and wish Pinkie could where them but she has a HUGE cowlick that just flops right over them and it looks soooo stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one reason why I despise markers. :) They are so hard to get off...and don't get me started on dry erase markers and clothing. ARRGGHHH! I hope you all have a FAB time on your w-end away. :) Enjoy the football. I, myself, can live without it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would much rather see hot pink butterflys on little girls than the ugly black snake and pirate temporary ones that my daughter always wants to put on...

    Drive careful tomorrow night and good luck on the game. I just love College Football!!

    Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title of this post just cracked me up before I even started reading it. Ahhh, you are right. At least it was pink!

    I know what you mean about Gymboree. I am like the kitty cats though.

    Hope you have fun at the game. We are going to the first Razorback game tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those headbands are SO cute!!

    We are so ready for the game tomorrow night. We're having a big party and we'll be yelling ROLL TIDE with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so funny! Cole and Bella do the same thing with those darn temporary tattoos that we buy at Target. They know how to put them on now so sometimes I'll be cooking dinner and thinking "Oh, how wonderful that they're playing nicely with one another" then 20 minutes later I notice that they're tattooing each other all over their bodies. Landon had Incredibles Tattoos all over his butt. Thank God it eventually wears off!!

    Hope you're having a fun holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete