1. Who was your first prom date? His name was SG and it was his senior prom, my junior prom. MAN! I wish I had a pic to show you my '80's hair - even poofy-er for the special occassion - and my royal blue dress. Remember the "balloon" prom dress design? Well, mine had a "balloon" below the waist and then when straight down. Very classic. I remember the theme had something to do with the "sea" and the photo background was a shell so it looked like we were standing in the actual shell. I have GOT to find that picture!! Notice I don't have much to say about SG. He was kinda goofy. We didn't date very long.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? No. End of story.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Purple Passion. Anyone remember that one?
4. What was your first job? Babysitting for my next door neighbors who had three girls that were stair-step in ages. I started babysitting them when I was 14 years old. The fact that I nearly burned their house down one Saturday night didn't seem to phase them, either. Now, all but one of those girls are married (one even has a two year old!) and the last one is to get married in October. I suddenly feel so old.
5. What was your first car? Ha, ha! A maroon Buick Delta 88. I wasn't allowed to drive to school, so I rode to school with my BFF who had a light blue Firebird. It ran half the time, so when it wasn't running, my mom would take us to school and her mom would pick us up in the afternoons. BTW, I failed my driving test the first time. Who knew when turning on a one way street that you should always turn into the lane closest to you?
6. Who was the first person to text you today? Well, I'm not sure when I will actually post this, but since it's Thursday, the truth is it was Leigh.
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Wayne. He TOTALLY over slept and I just happened to wake back up and notice the time. The alarm clock is on my side of the bed.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Auttonberry. She scared everyone but I liked her. The lady has looked the same my whole entire life!! OLD!!!
9. Where did you go on your first plane ride? To Jacksonville, Florida with my mom to be in my cousin's wedding. They're divorced now. I loved the flight and sharing that with my mom was pretty darn special!
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Carrie, I hope you are reading this! Carrie and I met in kindegarten and we've been best friends ever since. I wish we had more of a relationship like Oprah and her BFF (I can't think of her name at this exact moment), but she lives in Oklahoma now and so we don't get to talk or see one another, but we still email from time to time. Now, THAT'S a prom picture you really need to see!!! Me & Carrie showing off our garters in 1991 while we were getting ready for the prom! Priceless!!
11. Where was your first sleep over? At cousin #9's slumber/birthday party.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? Same person as #7. I had to yell at him to get up! Ha!!
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? I was a flower girl in my cousin Diane's wedding in 1981. I wore a mint green dress and carried a sweet basket of pink and mauve flowers. The flower girl in my own wedding carried the exact same basket fourteen years later.
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Got a shower.
15. What was the first concert you went to? Poison in 1992 (I think)! Went with some college friends and had a blast! Yes, I lived a very sheltered life!
16. First tattoo. I don't have one nor do I have a desire to get one. Ouch! I'm such a wus when it comes to pain.
17. First piercing. My ears. When I was 13. It was a birthday present from my parents. I told you I lived a sheltered life!
18. First foreign country you went to. I've never been outside the U.S. If the world wasn't so filled with crazy people and terrorists, I would love to go to Paris and Italy, but right now, I have no desire to get a passport.
19. First movie you remember seeing. "Sleeping Beauty" with my mom and a neighborhood friend. I was so scared of the dragon part. I had nightmares for weeks!
20. What state did you first live in? I've always lived in Louisiana.
21. Who was your first roommate? I lived with my parents until I got married at
22. When was your first detention? Ha, ha! The key to ditching school to go lay out and sun bathe all afternoon or go shopping or drive 20 miles to the nearest po-dunk town to get your BFF a fake i.d. is to not get caught!! I never had to do detention.
23. When was your first kiss? It was a disaster. Even with NKOTB's song, "I'll Be Lovin' You" playing on the radio. What could have been a Hollywood TV rendition was just awful. It was on a double date with my BFF and there was so much pressure. Sorry, but you just can't kiss a guy when your BFF and her boyfriend are in the backseat watching your every move - no matter how much they swear they weren't. Ugh. I cringe just thinking about it.
24. What is one thing you would learn if given the chance? I would like to learn to sew so that I could make Alise some duds. I took it up a few years ago, and I actually made some really cute things, but my mom was a very good assistant....Miss. FHA herself! That means 4 years of home ec., peeps!
And 25. Who will be the next person to post this? I really have no idea, but I sure look forward to reading the lists of my bloggy friends who do!