Sunday, September 27, 2009

I've Been Suckered!

No. Not snockered. Although, between me and my BFF, I was ready for a very strong drink by Friday afternoon! And I don't even drink!

The key word is suckered.

As in suckered in.

Meet the new Room Mother of Alise's Prek-4 class.

Oh, yeah! That's me.

Curses. Curse all those Cowgirl Cookies and Homecoming thingies. As well as those "Welcome Back to School" happy's.

I've never been a room mother before. I WORK, people!! How in the world am I gonna pull this one off?!

My first assignment: call parents in our class and ask them to bring desserts for our school's upcoming Grandparent's Day. Really. I look at it as a pass or fail kinda thing. How many desserts can I get out of a class of 13?

So from now on, when I ask for suggestions or ideas {key words}, please oblige.

New subject.

At 6 o'clock Friday evening, I kissed my family good-bye and bolted out the door. Can you say, "Let Freedom Ring?" It was the weirdest thing to not hear, "But I wanna go to BABW" or "I gotta go potty!" I actually got to shop. By myself. Sheer bliss.

Am I the only person who has noticed the '80's comeback? I guess I can blame it on Whitney Houston but I was tickled to death {honestly} to walk in one store and see nothing but racks and racks of leggins. God really does answer prayers! I'm just saying. Because I have prayed for the last 10 years that I would wear another pair of leggins before I died. And then! I saw a boyfriend jacket on display! A boyfriend jacket! Do you know how long it's been? Now all I need is the poofey hair and I'm in business with a Halloween costume! Ha! Rock on '80's!!

Congratulations Alabama! I'm so proud of my team, and sorry for my Arkansas friends. But I've been saving this dress for Alise until we won our first SEC game and it just happened to be the Hogs! Sorry. Doesn't she and her Daddy look great this morning before church?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Laura you will be an awesome room mother! I cant figure out how you do all the stuff you do for the teachers and Alise as it is! You are always on top of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make a great room mother! We got rolled. There is no other way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucker!! No seriously, you'll be great!! And with that small of a class and the wonderful kids in there, this will be a breeze! (Amy is really sweet! Call her if you need help) Remind me to tell you about the year I was room mom for Jake when he was with all the delinquent kids....NIGHTMARE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a LOT of day-glow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of a better room mother than you, Laura!! Alise looks so adorable in her dress!! Love it!! And love the great father/daughter picture!! The last time I wore leggings I was around 100 pounds. Time to lose all this extra weight if I'm going to try and pull that look off again,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a sucker for the last 4 years. That's what you get for being an overachiever. And love the dress! We have a similar UGA one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMIGOSH! Did you hear me laughing, Laura. I'm sorry sweetie, but you asked for it. All those wonderful treats and goodies, it was bound to happen. And on a serious note, you will be a great room mother.

    I didn't watch the game. (I don't really like football). But I did manage to see the very end and yelled "Roll Tide" thanks to you and Cheryl.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Am I too old for leggins? I've ALWAYS wanted to wear them.

    ~hh~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be a great room mother! Alise's class is going to have the best one ever!

    Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time alone. I am anxious for my "me" time I have planned in October.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you will do an awesome job! I know it may be tough, but you have some great ideas! Hey, just delegate.

    ReplyDelete