Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Horton's Take PF Chang's

Okay. So Doug & Mirya’s last name isn’t Horton, but technically they are still apart of the Horton clan. The posse. The brood. The family. And since the title of this post has a certain Asian flare to it, I dare say, “Dynasty.”

See, Doug’s mother – Aunt Peggy - God bless her – was Wayne’s daddy’s sister. So that makes Wayne and Doug first cousins. Alise, Katie, and Colton are second cousins. Now, Mirya and I just so happened to marry in to this Dynasty. That’s our excuse. Ha, ha!

Wayne’s parents left their families in Alabama in the ‘60’s and moved to Louisiana because of his father’s job with a canning company. They settled in a small farming area about 65 miles from where I would eventually grow up. The ironic thing is that my parents were raised in this same farming community so each time I would go to visit my grandparents, I was actually in the same town as my future husband! Is that crazy or what?! So, then, Wayne left home to go to college – while I was still in high school – or shall I say, “to wait for his future wife”? – and, thanks to his roommate – who I was dating at the time – Wayne and I met in January 1993. We were engaged in April 1994 and married in April 1995.

So that’s where the Alabama thing comes in. Just a little Horton Lineage for ya! We may live in Louisiana, but we bleed Crimson.

So, now, back to my post.

On Sunday afternoon, Aunt Peggy and Uncle Millard graciously agreed to babysit while the four of us went shopping and out to eat in Huntsville. Mirya and I really lucked up on some deals and those of you that know us probably know which store we stopped at first! Yes, J. Jill. Gosh, I love that store!

Call me crazy, but I found a brand of Clarks shoes, named Indigo, that I am absolutely in. love. with. If I hadn’t spent so much in J. Jill, I would really have had to buy some shoes. So, so, so, so cute. They just screamed, “Laura.” Every style I picked up was cuter than the last. I’m gonna do some research shopping on the internet on this brand because I have never seen it before and I don’t think the stores in our area carry them. Would love to have a pair.

If you’ve been reading my blog for very long, you know I heart PF Chang’s. And now I can say that I’ve been to two different locations and it’s STILL delicious!! Mirya and I got a little delirious with our picture taking. We had everyone snapping pictures for us. However, the food started talking and I totally forgot about the camera. That’s why you won’t see any pics on my blog between the appetizer and dessert courses! Ha! We took advantage of the 2-for-$40 deal and had soup, appetizers, entrée, and dessert. I just lurve restaurants that offer those kinda specials!The hostess snapped this pic of us waiting for a table.
Me & Mi
Our VERY nice waitress took this pic. She was from California and was attending a local university. She actually knew where Monroe was! Have you noticed how we're all wearing our Alabama gear? Mi & I got SO many compliments while we were shopping on the big win the night before!
Lettuce wraps. DE-vine.
I didn't think about my camera again until the desserts came out. Absolutely wonderful! Chocolate-something (Mirya), Strawberry Cheesecake (Doug), Apple Pie (me) and Red Velvet (Wayne). Yummo!

Crack of the day (not a text): Alise caught me walking around this morning before I put on my blouse. Since I’ve lost some weight, the pants I had on were rather loose around the waist. She said, “Mommie, com’ere. I have a secret to tell you.” So I walked over to the recliner and she said, “Mommie, you shouldn’t wear those pants today. I can see your panties.”

12 comments:

  1. Don;t you just love childrens' honesty!? Hav eyou ever been to a Pei Wei which is PF Changes cheaper version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am happy to know the history of the "dynasty". I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PF Chang's. Our first experience was in Las Vegas with our kids and we fell hard. Would you believe that we've had one in a nearby mall for several years now? I go as often as I dare. I adore lettuce wraps (can you really adore food?) Jim and I often share the "great wall of chocolate" dessert.

    Also, J Jill is my absolutely favorite store. I like everything they make.

    And last, but not least, that Alise is a crackerjack.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, J Jill is just around the corner from PF Chang's. Who could ask for more?

    ~hh~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PF Chang's too. The closest one to me is in Little Rock. I love J. Jill too. Thanks for sharing your family history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot to say that your BFF grew up with your sweet husband!! lol Who would have ever thought that Wayne would end up with a wife as sweet as you??

    I so could eat some lettuce wraps! Maybe one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look like something out of a horror movie with the red eyes. Eww!

    I could go for some P.F. Changs tonight. Oh, that chocolate cake w/raspberry glaze for sooo good. Yum!

    I had to crack up when I read about Alise and the pants. Too cute! Give her hugs & kisses for me. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, sweet Alise watching out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clark shoes are great - fashionable and functional, you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were dating your husband's roommate? Nice~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, Alise's comment had me cracking up!!LOL! PF Changs is yummy! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys look GREAT in your Bama attire. I love it!!!

    Can you believe I've still never been to PF Chang's?? I gotta go soon...there is one not far from us, on the other side of Birmingham.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the lettuce wraps!!! So yummy!! We usually get the lettuce wraps, crab won tons, and honey seared chicken.

    Oh, I'm hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete