Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Good-bye White Shoes!

Hello, Fall!

Okay. Let me just clarify something from the get-go. I don’t wear white shoes. But I do own a pair of white sandals…what else am I going to wear with white capris? And so saying good-bye to white shoes (and I guess technically, now, that includes white capris) just sounded like the proper statement to officially end the lazy days of summer. Even IF the temperature outside refuses to cooperate!

We had a won.der.ful time in Alabama this past Labor Day weekend filled with family, food, football, and even more food. I’ll be sharing lots of pictures through out the remainder of the week.

We were some tired puppies yesterday evening when we finally pulled into the driveway at 6:30. Yeah, I know Bama Family. We left your house at 9 AM, but our trip just wouldn’t be complete without stops in Birmingham (at the Bama Fever store for Alise a “Bama Girl” t-shirt to match Cousin Katie’s) and Tuscaloosa. In T-Town, we stopped at Walmart – of all places – and then took Alise to see the campus of her future college (Yeah, right!). So after potty breaks, lunch, and another stop in Vicksburg, a trip that normally takes 6-7 hours ended up taking over 9. Needless to say, no one wanted to get up and start our normal weekday routine this morning. And.I.mean.no.one.

I also know a little girl that wasn’t happy with her mother this morning for dissin’ her at the front door of the school and making her walk the ten steps to her classroom all by her lonesome (well, not really. Her principal held her hand and walked her the ten steps). Snip. Snip. It’s time to cut those apron strings and I was ready for it this morning. It’s amazing what two full weeks of school can do to a mother. Somehow, someway, she manages to put those big girl panties on.

Alise started back this evening to what is probably her most favorite activity – gymnastics. Here she is in her new leotard.

And for the craziest text of the day…me to my BFF who was right across the street from my office in her MIL’s hospital room: “What kind of arts and craft tool is a “pouncer”? Think paint. Is it a foam paint brush?” What can I say? I’ve been in an artsy-crafty mood since picking up those pink M&M’s on my lunch hour today to make this later in the week for "Cowboy Day."

Please continue to remember Brad & Leigh in your prayers.

7 comments:

  1. love that cookie idea!!!!! also loving those headbands. I have a ton of leotards I should send to Alise - what size is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win. GA got screwed. Isn't that so ladylike to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest thing! I know she loves gymnastics. MK sure does. She went with her school today. I am so glad you guys had a fun. I would love to meet you in Lake Village. It would be so fun. I hope you guys get some rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is the cutest thing! I know she loves gymnastics. MK sure does. She went with her school today. I am so glad you guys had a fun. I would love to meet you in Lake Village. It would be so fun. I hope you guys get some rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!

    Your not the only ones that didn't want to crawl out of bed this mornin'. What a BIG weekend! We enjoyed y'all coming over. I finally posted A-L-L the pictures on Phanfare. I guess it'll take me about a week to get the best pics posted on our blog. HA HA!

    Tell Wayne, I'm still enjoying those shrimp. BTW, can you freeze boil shrimp. I'm asking because there's so much and I'm the only one that eats them.

    Take care and take some Omega like me. TEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Laura. Jim and are really doing serious Weight Watchers - the cookies made me salivate. We have both gained back all but 9 pounds of our last year's weight loss. We'll keep you posted.

    I am anxious to see the pictures of your weekend. So glad the Tide won.

    So what is a ponderer (was thatit?)? I'm in a crafty mood too. Think I'm going to try to make some aprons. Haven't sewn in many years, but we'll see.

    Okay, I've been entirely too chatty. Glad you had a good time and glad you're back in Blogland.

    ~hippo hugs~

    P.S. She is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alise looks so adorable in her leotard!! Congrats again on Bama's win, it was a great game, from what I understood of it anyway, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete