Thursday, September 10, 2009

Do Mine Look Better Than Hers?

Tomorrow is "Cowboy Day" at Alise's school. She will be donning her cowboy hat and bandana with her school t-shirt and mini skirt tomorrow {Don't ask!}. I'll post a picture next week.

Here are my "Cowgirl Cookies." Do mine look better than hers?




Ha, ha! I'm only joking. I am just thankful for such a GREAT "happy" for Alise's teachers and principal tomorrow to celebrate the day. The jars were SO easy to make! I will definitly be doing this little project again! I've just got to remember to buy more cord.

And this...


Is where my parents are for the next three weeks. Can you say jealous? I would lurve to have me some of that cool, low humidity, high altitude, mountain air right now!

I have two more posts to share about our Labor Day weekend in Alabama. Look for them next week.

I am up for a promotion at work. I have to let my boss know my decision tomorrow morning. Mirya, looks like I may be able to support my J. Jill habit! Or is that my daughter's "smocked frock" habit?

I am SO in the cooking and crafting mood this week. I'm planning on making a good friend of mine's recipe for chicken enchiladas this weekend. I'm really getting in the mood for some Fall recipes! I'm also doing some research on painting Christmas ornaments in collegiate themes. More on that at a later date.

To participate in Random Thursday's, visit my friend, Brooke, here. And see the awesome butterfly post here.


14 comments:

  1. those cowgirl cookie jars of yours do look awfully good! :) Send some our way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to the Taylor Swift concert tonight, it was great! I thought about Alise, I should've brought her along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and creative are the cowgirl jars! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Your parents are going to have an awesome time. Wish I could go too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cowgirl Cookies are so cute and fit in perfectly with today's theme at Alise's school. I guarantee her teachers and principal will love them!

    Good luck with the promotion at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cowboy Cookies. Will you share your chicken enchilada recipe? I haven't found a good one and I'd really like to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to make cookie jars to give people for Christmas this year.

    Yay for a promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those jars are TOO cute Laura!! I am thinking I will do the same thing for Christmas gifts this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your promotion too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies jars are great...I love doing those as gifts.

    Good luck with the promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cookie jars look great! That's one bug I need to catch - the crafty bug. Seems someone gave me a vaccine against it without my knowledge.

    And congrats on being up for a promotion - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so good!! How'd you do the labels? I need to add her to my reader. And congrats on the increase in the smocked frock budget. Cause you know that's what you'll spend it on. I'm interested to hear about these ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to make those cooking jars. What a great gift! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, definitely just as cute as Bakerella's. :)

    ReplyDelete