Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wollowing

I thought I would share some of Alise's "homework" that we've been working on this summer. She did all the letters and numbers by herself except for the number 2 and 4, which I had to help her with. I am SO proud of her! She is such a faster learner, but seems to loose interest quickly if I'm not sitting right beside her and encouraging her. I'm trying to instill in her an "always do your best" attitude. She has a special notebook and pencils (fat ones) that we use to practice our writing with. I also bought her a few workbooks and she is whizzing through those. I think my Baby Girl is ready for Prek-4 even if her mother isn't.

Speaking of which, a little birdie told me today that Alise did not get the teacher I wanted her to have for PreK-4 at her new school. I was - and still am - just devestated. So, why does this always happen to my kid? Of course, Alise won't know the difference because she doesn't know any of the teachers, so I guess that's a good thing. But this is just one more notch in my "anxiety belt" for next week. I'm not ready to put my "big girl panties on and deal with it." I just want to wollow right now.

Another little birdie did tell me that the two PreK-4 teachers were going to "team teach" this year. Yeah! Whatever the heck that is!...

I DID find a cute "first-day-of-school teacher's gift" on Etsy. Check this out:I'm going to wrap it up in some cellaphane with some cute back-to-school ribbon and tags I bought off Etsy, too. It was such a inexpensive little happy. Only $3.75!!

Go here for a great giveaway. I love Ellebows!


Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. Laura you are always so thoughtful to the teachers. I think that is so nice, since I am a teacher. I am really impressed with Alise's writing. That is better than most 1st graders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise's penmanship is so cute! What a wonderful job young lady! :)

    HUGS to you, Mama! I am waiting on those first day photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute stuff! Alise's ABC's look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your teacher gifts!!! So cute!! I know you must have extra anxiety about not having the teacher you wanted, but I really believe everything happens for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm commenting on two posts. I think the cookies look great, although I do agree that their royal blue doesn't look like my idea of royal blue.

    The outfits are so cute, as well as the ballet clothes. You always find the cutest things.

    The teacher gift is sweet. Any teacher would love it.


    Hope all goes well next week when she goes to Pre-K 4.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute teacher gift! Which Etsy store did you find that? Carter gets distracted easily when doing "homework" - especially if there are other kids around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alise will do great!!! I love the teacher's gift you found! Would you mind sharing the Etsy site? I love Etsy, but get overwhelmed at all the choices. I have your other fave sites bookmarked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing a picture of the post it clipboard that you ordered! I hope Alise has a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really upset when Matthew didn't get the teacher I wanted for kindergarten. You know what...it all turned out great. The teacher he had was amazing.

    ReplyDelete