Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Smiley Faces

Alise's first smiley face from Mrs. Leggett!! I am SO proud of her! Then again, she gets lots of practice writing A's with writing her name - to which she has yet to write on her own paper.

At orientation, Mrs. Leggett told us that she planned to set up a monitoring system using colored horse shoes. Each student starts off the day with four horse shoes; one each in green, yellow, orange, and red. If they misbehave, they have to "pull a horse shoe." If they get to orange, they get a note sent home. Alise told me and her Daddy yesterday that some of the kids in her class had to pull a horseshoe. She couldn't tell me what everyone did wrong except for one little boy who got caught fighting. OMG!! In prek-4??? I asked her if she had to pull a horseshoe and she told me no.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in Alise’s classroom.  I’m so worried about her liking her new school and teacher and it’s like pulling teeth to get anything out of her in the evenings about her day.  She still acts shy when I walk her into her classroom in the mornings and when I ask her if she has made any new friends, she tells me no.  I really find that hard to believe.  She also told me earlier this week that she liked her old school better.  Private-school-sista-costing-me-a-fortune say what?  I said, “Okay, then.  I’ll send you back to JGS and you can go to mass on Friday’s instead of a pep rally!  And wear a uniform.  How would you like that?” Oh, no!  She didn’t want to do that.  Sometimes I wonder if Prek-4 is more structured than Prek-3?  Maybe there is more written/seated work than actual playtime now?  I’m not sure what it is, but next Monday is Open House and I really hope I get the chance to talk to Ms. Leggett about how she is doing.

In a few weeks, the Pep Rally theme will be "Cowboy Day."  On top of dressing Alise up like a true Cowgirl, I plan on making these for Alise's teacher and aid.  I think they are so darn cute!

7 comments:

  1. I love your expressions! They're are so funny. Alise is doing awesome with her A's. Those cookies look delish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Kelley, I love your expressions! Hugs. ;)

    That paper is AWESOME! She has such fine penmanship. It reminds me of my Remy's. Elijah still hates to write anything down. Urgh.

    k4 is more sit down as they are getting them ready for k5. I think she will do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the school work. Is it posted on your fridge now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Alise!! Look at those A's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alise's A's look great!

    Those Cowgirl Cookies look like so much fun. Mrs. Leggett will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, you are the QUEEN of awesome teacher gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies are a great idea! Congrats to Alise on her smiley too:)

    ReplyDelete