Monday, August 31, 2009

School Stuff

I can't believe that I hadn't already posted this little ditty with Alise singing aka "clowning around." I was getting my Flip video and cameras ready to take to Alabama this weekend when I found this clip and for some reason, I had our Cousin Katie on the brain, so Mirya, be sure to let Katie see just how absolutely crazy her Louisiana cousin is!! We can't wait to see our family this weekend!

video
Please remember my BFF Leigh and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Her MIL had a stroke over a week ago and is in a hospital 90 miles away. Brad & Leigh are having to do an awful lot of juggling with jobs and boys and they are so tired and weary. I'm so glad that Leigh let me make lasagna for them tonight.

A few weeks ago, I finished the book, "The Devil in the Junior League" by Linda Francis Lee and it was SO good (I actually got the tip from a fellow Tweeter, Kappa Prep). I just found out that Jennifer Garner has agreed to star and produce the movie. I think she would be perfect for the lead role of Frede Ware! I would compare this novel and author to Mary Kay Andrews. Check it out.

This morning when I dropped Alise off, her aid and teacher told me that Open House (which was scheduled for tonight) had been cancelled for the Prek-4 classes. I was so disappointed because I was looking forward to talking to Mrs. Leggett again and getting to see Alise in her classroom surroundings. I had even been talking it up with her over the weekend, but she could probably careless about it being cancelled.

But like I hinted to on Friday, I actually spoke to Mrs. Leggett last week before school and asked how Baby Girl was doing because I was concerned that she wasn't over zealous about school and she certainly wouldn't talk about her day with me. But Mrs. Leggett said that Alise was doing great and that she gets tickled when she gets in the tent and puts the headphones on in the reading center. She said that she likes to pretend she is showing the pictures just like Mrs. Leggett does when she is reading to the class. She has made new friends; and understands what it means to put her finger over her mouth and raise her hand without yelling out an answer. That, I find hard to believe! Personally, I think the hardest part for Alise is missing Allie and Emma. She still talks about her friends and asks me when she will see them again. But just in the last few days, she has begun to mention the names of some of her classmates and I'm glad about that.

This morning, when we were walking through the front door of the school, my kindegarten teacher {from 1978} was in the hall and spoke to Alise. Mrs. M told me that "Alise was so cute Friday at the pep rally!" So I had to ask, "What did she do?" Mrs. M told me that it was an activity that the cheerleaders asked all the little ones to come out on the gym floor and dance and she said Alise was having a ball! SEE?? That's exactly the kind of stuff that she doesn't tell me! So I am fortunate to know people who can keep an eye on my daughter! One more thing. Alise found out who her "Big Sis" was on Friday. All she could tell me is that she was a cheerleader. She didn't know her name. Alise is so like her Daddy! He isn't good with names, either.

7 comments:

  1. Silly girl! The Climb is one of our favs to...although Carter calls it the Mountain song and I think he likes it so much because of the word Mountain...taking after his Daddy.

    I am so excited about Jennifer Garner being in The Devil in the Junior League. I finished reading it several weeks ago and can't wait to see the movie. Jennifer Garner is one of my favorite actresses - you're right she will be a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute! I've been wanting to read that book. I'm reading right now that you would love. I'm going to write about it soon.

    Sounds to me like A is in a good school. Sounds a lot like our school. Is it private?

    BTW, I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get them to tell us the details of their day. I am glad that someone was able to help you get a small glimpse of Alise's day. I know you guys will have an awesome time this weekend!She is absolutely precious in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Alise's rock music video, the next Hannah Montana! Katie liked it as well.

    See, I told you she would do just fine and make new friends. I so glad she is having such a good time.

    We can't wait to see you either!

    BTW, Katie does have a cheerleading outfit (size 4), but it's too short. :/ I've watching Hibbetts for a good sale. Katie has a Bama wind suit & "Bama Girls" t-shirt in pink. Baby boy is set with the Bama outfits (2 outfits & 1 t-shirt). HA HA! I would love for the girls to have their picture made, but when would we do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth Anthony (Bluebonnet)10:22 PM

    Laura, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, "Longhorn Love". Thank you for your kind words. I deeply respect anyone who loves his/her team. Alabama is a good one. Just today, one of my co-workers told me that they (Ohio State fans) think they have a good chance and winning their area title if they can just beat Bama. Wow! He's worried about that game. :-) Then I looked on my blog and got your comment. Neat. I also saw your other blog, "The Journey". I am also a Christian, and I love how your blogs reflect that. It's very touching. Your blogs are also incredibly creative. I will kepp up with them; I am now a member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supper was WONDERFUL last night! It was so nice to have one less thing to worry about!! You are truly a best friend! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that Alise is at your same school when you were growing up!!! I'm looking for new reading material, I'll have to check that book out, I love Jennifer Garner too!

    ReplyDelete