Monday, August 10, 2009

I Can Almost Feel It

I’m not going to make it next week when Alise begins Prek-4.

Period.

I’m not sure if it’s because she’ll finally be attending our first choice school (and so there’s some “finality” there) or the fact that she’s simply growing up. Maybe it’s the fact that she’ll be without her best friends for the first time in her life. I’m not sure what it is exactly. But every time I think about walking her to her classroom or getting her lunch ready, or just remembering that I need to buy her some nice frilly socks, I get sad.

Very, very sad.

How in the world did I ever make it through her first day of Prek-3 last year?

I think the uniform had something to do with it. Alise was just too darn cute in that uniform!
Gosh, she looked so little!

What am I saying? She’s still little! She’s my Baby Girl who is oblivious to the fact that starting Prek-4 next week will probably send her Mother into an early grave.

For the first time in a long time, I’m missing my 7 pound 15 ounce Bundle of Joy. I miss seeing her pigtails stick straight out because she didn't have enough hair. I miss shopping and spending a fortune at Gymboree. I miss hearing things like, "Day tore her dress, Mommie, day tore her dress" when she use to tell me the story of Cinderella in her "own words" and I'd give anything to hear, "Juicy stole my passy!" I miss sippy cup and bunny slipper days. I miss the tiny bows she use to wear.

I miss my Baby Girl.

I'm not ready to let her go.
Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine that first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Laura! This is the sweetest post!! I think all mother's feel this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man do I know how you feel! AJ's first day was today. He stayed at the same daycare he has been at so it wasnt a big change, but just the fact that he is in pre-k means kindergarten is just around the corner and that is crazy! I miss my baby too! BTW..Alise does look precious in that uniform! But she will HATE it one day. I think I burned mine when I graduated high school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know EXACTLY what you mean. My Scout is going to kindergarten this Wednesday and I start crying just about every time I think about it.

    Your Alise is so sweet, and you know she's gonna love school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel! I don't know where the time has gone. It is going by way too fast. I miss those days of my little one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, I am right there with you! I miss Sofia being even smaller though - bottles, diapers, strollers, needing to be held all the time. Gosh I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaaaa! I'm all teary. I'm feeling the same way with EG starting Mother's Day Out. They grow up WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you need to post some pictures of those by done days. I want to see her when she was a baby, toddler, etc.

    So, when will we see those pics?

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! You will make it through, mama! OR, you can just let miss Chelita homeschool her with her own boys and it won't be so much like she is "really" at pre-k4. LOL! I want to hear all about her first day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is rough. Pierce started kindergarten yesterday. I thought I would lose it but I kept it together

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like 4 is the magic number when they seem to be so old. I have been noticing that my sweet little boy is no longer little and he looks and acts like a boy...not even a little boy anymore. So sad and hard, but exciting at the same time. They just don't stay little as long as I thought they did. Carter will be going to Pre-K next fall and then kindergarten in the fall of 2011 with how his birthday falls and the school calendar - so I have a bit more time to prepare, but that still seems too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure it'll get better. One of these days, you'll be looking forward to the start of the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean. Our girls aren't babies anymore. I cherish those memories, but look forward to so many more firsts and precious moments.

    ReplyDelete