Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Food & Clothes to the Rescue

When I get cranky and sad, it's food to the rescue!!

I decided to make some sugar cookies with my new horse shoe cookie cutter I ordered off Ebay a few weeks ago. Alise's new school's mascot is the Mustang so I thought it would be fun to have a horse shoe cookie cutter for special occassions. I experimented with royal icing again and I'm still loving it.

Here is a pic of my work:Wilton's idea of royal blue and my idea of royal blue are not the same. Their idea turns out more turquoise-y no matter how much food coloring I add. Gotta work on that. I also cut the corner of my ziplock bag too much and so the letters are alot fatter than I wanted, but, oh well. They're freakin' cookies, Laura!! Geez!!

I have also discovered the best chips in the world this weekend!! Tostito Scoops with a hint of jalapeno are my new best friends. I could eat the entire bag! So, so good and with a kick, too! We found them at Walmart.

Some of you asked to see the ballet clothes that I bought on Saturday and here they are:
I thought I would show you my Etsy orders that finally came in this week! I am SO excited about them. Can you tell I've got a "jumper theme" going on? They're just so versatile!!
This jumper has a pic of Alise's mascot on it. The seller was able to download it from the school's website. How cool is that?


Can't wait for my Baby Girl to wear these!

Alise and I had dentist appointments today and neither of us had cavities!! You know what that means: Let's EAT!!
Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. Those cookies look great!!!

    I love all the clothes--especially the turkey shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that same way after going to the dentist. I love the dresses you got on ETSY! Oh my word they are so cute. Your cookies look so great! What a neat idea to get a cookie cutter in the shape of a horse for her school. I'll have to try the scoops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfits!! What fun it must be to have a girl!!

    You are becoming quite the cookie maker!! I want some pink/purple flower ones!!!

    I took the boys to the dentist today too! We hit the sonic afterwards.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Your cookies look perfect!! I wish I had decorating talent like that!! And I'm loving all of Alise's clothes, I will live vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jumpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cookies, love the jumpers, love the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try those chips...they sound good.

    I love all of those cute, cute clothes. What a great idea to have a jumper made with the school mascot...I think Alise will be have all the other girls jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job on the cookies and I love the dresses. I just got a dress from preppy pink crocodile for my little one. Now, I am trying to make a bow to match.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute! I love the clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soory , I just caught up on your blogs! Been in the hospital with the sickies. Those turkey jumpers are a riot! You are making me want a girl, woman! You need to stop, before it gets the best of me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute clothes.

    And don't worry about the teacher. Keep sending gifts like that and Alise will be her favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete