Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do I Look Sassy?

I knew Alise was back to her old self Saturday morning when she walked in my bathroom with a pair of capri blue jeans on with the bottoms rolled up, a tank top, and a pair of sunglasses and asked me, "Moma, do I look sassy?"

Sassy is not a word that we use very often around our house. Especially to describe the way a person looks. I have been known to say, "Don't sass me, Sista!" when Alise breaks out in her smarty attitude, but that's about it. So, needless to say, I totally cracked up when she asked me that and she preceeded to change clothes three more times before we left that morning to run a few errands.

We met our friends, Chris, Amy, and Jackson at the movies to see the 3-D version of G-Force Saturday afternoon. Remember this from last year? Well, get a glimpse of this:

Is that too cute or what? I love it! Here's another pic of them with their 3-D glasses on:Notice all the smudges on Alise's glasses. She dropped them - along with an entire box of M&M's - about 5 times during the movie. She refused to wear them. Blame it on a bad experience at Walt Disney World, but it didn't matter how much we begged her to put them on, she wouldn't. Oh, well. She said she still liked the movie.

After the movie, we went to our favorite local dive for hamburgers and onion rings.Alise and Jackson sitting at the bar. Let's hope this scene isn't in their future! Ha! And, no, we didn't let them eat at the bar. They only got up there while we were standing in line to pay.

On Saturday night, I just couldn't sleep. I was too wound up about meeting Alise's teacher the next day; still depressed about the upcoming week and dreading that I had to go in to the office this morning for a few hours to catch up on some work since I took off half a day to stay home with her on Friday.

I ended up getting out some old pictures I had taken of Alise, Allie, & Emma during the school year last year and putting together Allie & Emma's photo albums. Granted I had planned to do this before school ended last year, but I just didn't have time. I'm not a very creative person, so yes, the photo albums are foam and I used glittery foam appliques, but I thought they turned out very cute and girlie. I plan to send them in the mail so the girls will have a nice surprise from their old friend. I also wrote a sweet note on the inside of the album from Alise's point of view. Working on the albums took my mind off my saddness for a while, but when I started putting the pictures in the sleeves, I started to cry. I cried because I had to cut one of the pictures for the front sleeve. Cutting a picture of the "Three Amigos" just isn't right!!

Then, this morning, the stomach bug - or was it the onion rings? - hit me as soon as I stepped in the shower! I felt awful! But I had to go in to the office so I manged to put my big girl panties on for that one. After about three hours - of sipping on Sprite and munching on Saltines - I actually began to feel a little better, but I still had an awful headache. I went home and went straight to bed. After I woke up, my sugar bottomed out and I nearly passed out. I managed to eat a few bites of soup and pull myself together long enough to face the inevitable.

And no! For the record, I am not pregnant.

At 3:00, we had a parent meeting/orientation at Alise's school. As bad as I felt physically, the emotions certainly didn't make things better. I was in tears as we walked through the door and saw the class assignments on the bulletin board beside the office. The principal introduced herself to us and I really like her. But my heart fell when I saw Alise's name on the new teacher's list and not on the one that I had hoped.

By the time I got to the classroom, I could barely hold myself together and yet I was so thankful to see the other parents sitting in the little chairs filling out paperwork. I was too weak to stand.

Alise's teacher's name is Ms. Leggett. She's 32 and this is her first year at River Oaks. She has a daughter that will also be in Alise's class and I must say, that I LOVE HER! She is everything that I had hoped Alise would have in a teacher! She's bubblely, mod, kind, and truly seems to love her students. She's a planner and a germ-o-phobe. I am really happy. The aid is also a friend from church, so I know Alise will be taken care of and I'm thankful for that.

However, with all the happiness of Alise's teacher, I was still a blubbering mess while I was filling out the paperwork. At one point, I turned around and gave Wayne an unhappy look. I think Ms. Leggett knew, too, because she mentioned Alise's name in an example and kept telling the parents, "I know how you feel. I really do." I wrote a check for the school supplies and brought the rest of the paperwork home to complete. I was just too overwhelmed with lunch menus, Big Sis Programs, After School Care, cheerleader uniforms and order forms for polos, sweatshirts, and hoodies.

At this point, I don't want to think about it anymore. I'm too weak and tired to think about it and since Alise doesn't hafta go to school until the 20th now, I have a whole extra day to think about it then.

Please pray for my sweet friend, Tiffany and her daughter Addison. Also for my SIL, Misty. We all seem to be in the same boat right now and wondering how in the world are we ever going to get through this!
.
Laura.Sign

12 comments:

  1. Precious pictures Laura!! I love the photo albums that you put together too!! I'm SO glad you love Alise's teacher!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I was so afraid you would get the stomach bug too. I'm sorry. I'm sure by now you are feeling better physically.

    Once Alise comes home bubbling and happy about school, I think you will feel better. You know you've prayed about this and God is in control. He loves your little girl....and you.

    I'll be praying.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alise and Jackson are just so cute!

    I hope you are feeling better! I am glad that you like Alise's new teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you love her teacher...good ones are hard to come by! It is still hard to watch them growing up so fast though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pics and glad she feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a little spitfire!! I love it! I love how she frames her face with her hands when she's having a photo op. So glam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your albums are too cute! What a sweetheart you are. The pictures of Alise with her friend are so cute. The one at the bar cracked me up. Dropping off MK for prek today was hard. I cried. She had a great day and wants to go back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon!

    I am praying for you and Alise.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're feeling better!
    Wouldn't it be awesome if the two of them got married and you had these sweet photos? I have a picture of my husband and I from when we were toddlers and it's my favorite photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thang! Yeah, I was one of those, wishing you were PG. Alise will make so many new friends and she'll get to see her old friends as well at school. It's alright! Plus, she'll get to see them after school. If they are in cheerleading as well that will be great. Cheer up! If Alise didn't get separated from her friends now, she will later down the road and by that time, she'll be devastated. Better now then later. Who knows, they might be put in the same class next year. Love ya! Give Alise kisses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, was the bad experience Bug's Life at Disney???? Remy was a nervous wreck after that!

    HUGS!!!! How did she get so big?

    ReplyDelete