Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wicked Was.....

WICKED!!!
This was before the show!! Do we look excited or what?!? Leigh couldn't stop giggling!!



I can't tell you how fantastic this show was!! It was awesome! The actresses were wonderful and the lighting and scene changes were spectacular! I'm beginning to run out of words, here! If you ever get the chance to see "Wicked," don't walk - RUN to it!! It was so worth the money! I would see it again in a heartbeat!

Against my husband's suggestion, I decided to take my little Nikon instead of our big Nikon, so my pictures didn't turn out as well as Leigh's. She promised to make me a copy of them, so I promise to post lots more in the future. But I just couldn't start blogging again until I shared the Wicked pictures first!! After all, the play was our real reason for going to New York, anyway.

I fell in love with the Big Apple! By the end of day three, Leigh and I were pros at walking and crossing the streets. I got to do and see everything that I wanted to do, so that was fun and exciting! The weather couldn't have been better! One tour guide told us that NY was experiencing October weather and temps in July that week, so that should tell you just how truly nice it was! But I must say that we were two tired Southern Belles when we got home on Monday!

More pics and stories of New York to come - including our sightings of a celebrity! Stay tuned!!

12 comments:

  1. I still have the soundtrack in my car, on my ipod and on a youtube playlist at work. I think I'm a tad bit obsessed with it! I loved the cast that we saw, but I wish I would have been able to see the Original Broadway Cast. I love Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. Anyway, so glad you loved it...it is pretty awesome isn't it!! My sis and her bf are going to Tulsa tomorrow to see it on tour. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I am going to make it there! Can't wait to hear all about it...you are holding us in suspense!

    How did Alise do while you were gone?

    Those shirts are just so cute...espeically the Popular one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see more! And what all you bought there! I love the Wicked pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls look like you had a blast. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great time! I knew you would! Cant wait to see more pics since I know if I ever get to go it will be years and years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would LOVE to see Wicked! I'll have to convince Kevin to take me on our big anniversary in 3 years,lol!! I'm SO glad you had a wonderful time in New York. I think its one of the best places ever!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in the big apple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great show to go see, and in NYC to boot.

    I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you enjoyed the show and your trip--I agree with you, Wicked is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the book and would L-O-V-E to see the show~! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is a fantastic show! Im jealous you saw it on Broadway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a blast. It's been awhile since I've seen a Broadway play like that.

    ReplyDelete