Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New York Here We Come!

This Southern Belle is SO excited about heading to Yankee Territory with her BFF on Thursday!! Dare I say this trip is like a dream come true for me because I honestly never thought I would get to visit and experience “big city” life north of the Mason-Dixon. New York seems like a foreign country to me, but I’m looking forward to seeing all the things that I’ve only seen on TV or read about in books. We’re gonna have so much fun sight seeing, going to two Broadway shows, and totally forgetting about our diets!! I think a big piece of New York style cheesecake is already calling this Southern girl’s name!

So, needless to say, this will be my last post until next week. We fly back on Monday -very early – so hopefully I’ll have a few hours to myself to post pictures before my “wifely and motherly duties” have to kick back in gear. But I don’t even want to think about that right now. Tomorrow…is another day.

To see what Leigh and I are doing in New York, you can follow me on Twitter (top right). I haven’t figured out how to “respond” to people from my blackberry, but I promise that I will be uploading photos!

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments about my weight, but honestly, I think it’s just the way I was turned in the picture. I reached my goal back in early May, so right now, I’m just trying to maintain. But, like I said, I’m not even going to think about dieting while I’m in New York! Tomorrow…is another day.

And I just wanted to say how deeply saddened I was about the death of former Tennesse Titan quarterback, Steve McNair. He and Eddie George were my football heroes back in the day when I was a Sunday afternoon Titan cheerleader from my couch. I certainly don’t agree with the choices he made, but he will be missed. My heart goes out to his family and I pray that God will bring comfort and peace.

Until next week…

Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. Because of VBS, this is the first chance I've had to catch up with your blogs. I LOVE the cookies. You are so clever. What a wonderful table setting at your Mom's for the 4th. It looked like you were all having so much fun.

    And girl, you look "mahvelous".

    Have a wonderful time in NYC. My SIL, niece and I are going in early December to see the Rockettes at Radio City. I love NY.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have so much fun! Take lots of photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in the Big Apple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it. It will be so nice to experience the big city without having your normal responsibilities as a wife and mother! Have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time Laura!! I so wish I could meet you there, but we just couldn't swing the 4 hour trip each way!!! Don't forget about that slice of Junior's Cheesecake! Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing your pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time! I am so jealous! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great time!! I've always wanted to see NY too!!!

    BTW, your comment on my blog made me laugh hysterically. I can totally picture you texting as your husband is warning you to steer clear of the animals in the pet store!!

    ReplyDelete