Monday, July 20, 2009

Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen


Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen - Book Trailer from Susan Gregg Gilmore on Vimeo.


This book will make you laugh out loud! The perfect coming-of-age read for all of us Southern Belles who grew up in the '70's and '80's.

I found this in the "local authors" section in a bookstore in the Baltimore Airport on our return flight from New York. I haven't finished it yet, but it's only because I've had to return to my "wifely and motherly duties."

If you get the chance to read it, let me know what you think. Leigh has dibbs on my copy!
Laura.Sign

4 comments:

  1. Laura,

    I absolutely Loved, Loved, Loved this book. I love all stories about southern women. I know in my heart of hearts that I should lhave been one. I was definitely born in the wrong place.

    As for your trip to NY. OMIGOSH, what a great trip. I am soooo jealous about Wicked. I want to see it again. I don't think that will happen during our December trip.

    The food sounds great and I'm writing down the names of all the eateries you found. What hotel did you stay in? We are staying at the Pennsylvania right across form Penn Station.

    I'm so happy you had such a good trip. I think you deserved it.

    I'm going to try to post about my Boston and Martha's Vineyard trip tonight asw I'm off to Vegas on Wednesday. Poor me!!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a good summer read! My dad's from Mobile, and I lived in Huntsville, AL for 5 years while growing up. That counts as being Southern right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in the ATL airport and almost bought it!

    ReplyDelete