Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It Does Exist! It Does Exist!


Alise and I will be trying our aprons tonight at making sugar cookies in the shape of stars for this weekend. It’s a little early, I know, but I wanted to carry some to the office this week, too. My employees and co-workers actually enjoy being genny pigs believe it or not!


I decided not to go “all-Martha Stewart” and to just use a mix-out-of-the-bag for the actual cookie dough. However, I did decide to use her royal icing recipe instead of the out-of-the-container cake icing - which is what I normally do. For Alise-purposes, I bought 4th of July red, white, and blue sugar from Williams & Sonoma for her to sprinkle while I tried my hand at the new recipe {I just realized that I bought white sugar this weekend for $5 a container for Alise to "sprinkle." It never occurred to me - until just now - that I paid that much money for sprinkling when I had a whole cannister of white sugar sitting at home! What was I thinking?!}

Imagine my anxiety when I read that the recipe only had two ingredients {a good thing} and one of them I had never heard of before {a bad thing}! Meringue powder. WTHeck? Where was I suppose to find Meringue powder? I can't even spell the word, meringue, without using spell check much less actually find it in the store!

So once I finally decided that yes! I AM going to do this, I called Michael's and guess what! Meringue powder does truly exist! Who knew?!

I'll post pictures in a few days of our STAR cookies!
Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the recipe, can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing pictures! You're so creative lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Martha Go!! Can't wait to see pics!!!
    I love checking in on you... your family knows
    how to do it all with 100% fun. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get this at Walmart as well. Sorry did not realize what you were looking for or I would have said it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time in NYC! I wish I could come see meet you while you are there but I will be out of town. I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am anxiously awaiting pics of the patriotic cookies.

    This week at VBS has been a killer for dieting. Evdery day the staff has special treats. YIKES!!

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up! :) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete