Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?!

Alise starting cheer camp this week has only put me in the mood for this:

Alabama football Pictures, Images and Photos

I am SO ready for football season!! I am ready for some power-hitting SEC football! But more specifically, I am ready for some Alabama Crimson Tide football!

I've missed Kurt Herbsteit. There. I've said it. Even though I had completely written him off last season when he picked Florida over my beloved Bama to win the SEC Championship. He was right.

But what can I say? It’s a new season. I can forgive and forget.

We usually make several trips to Tuscaloosa during the season for games. It’s about a 4.5 hour drive for us. And trust me, by then, I’m ready to run out of that car! I’m not a good road trip person. I’d rather fly. There’s no way I can get a ticket from Monroe to Tuscaloosa. Trust me, I’ve tried. But the next time Coach Saban is in town recruiting our fine men from my high school ala mater, I’m gonna ask him to send over the Bama Jet. Just for me. Flyin’ High with the Tide! Okay. Maybe Wayne, too. But I digress.

So we always drive to Tuscaloosa and Wayne makes up for the road trip by taking me to the Longhorn Steak House across from University Mall. That little piece of Heaven can make up for anything! As long as we don’t stay in the shady Days Inn again! Yep! And Alise was with us, that perilous night, too! Who knew Tuscaloosa had shady hotels? Wayne was just trying to go cheap and we paid for it that night!

I’m digressing again.

My whole point to this post is to say that we won’t be attending as many games this season. Heck, we may not even make it into Bryant-Denny Stadium at all! I’m nearly devastated. The only game – not plural – just ONE game – that we have tickets for is the Ole Miss v. Bama game at Oxford and we don’t even have those tickets yet! Yep! They took our money but we don’t have tickets! Is that a Rebel for you or what?! Besides, I’m not a fan of the Ole Miss Stadium anyway. Too much “confederacy” going on if you know what I mean.

So, I’ve been telling Wayne all summer that I want to go to Bama v. Tennessee game. It’s a home game and he’s trying to get tickets to that one. We’re hoping our LSU “connections” will come through for us with tickets to that big game and every single time I merely suggest just driving over to T-Town on game day and buying tickets from scalpers, Wayne just gives me “the look.” Bad idea, I guess.

The second point to this post is that it hit me last week at work that Alabama’s first home game was Labor Day weekend. The PERFECT opportunity with the 3-day weekend to head over to T-Town, hang out, go to the game, and maybe see some family from Cullman.

So I called Wayne up to tell him my great idea and he said that Bama played at the Georgia Dome.

In Atlanta.

Against Viginia Tech.

Oh, yeah! Right. I knew that. Being the fan that I am.

So then I asked him if we could go to Atlanta and he quickly informed me that tickets were like $500 bucks a piece.

Oh.

Looks like the Horton’s may be staying home for that game, too.

And watching it from our fine, turn-the-tv-on-and-wait-ten-seconds 36-inch, bubble-screen Sony television.

Maybe I’ll pop some popcorn and spill my Diet Coke on my Alabama purse. And then I can send Wayne into the kitchen to whip up some Nachos and parch peanuts and we’ll call it a game!

Laura.Sign

15 comments:

  1. I think since you will not be spending money on tickets and travel maybe you need to buy new big screen television???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better yet, come on over to "God's Country" that way you'll have that BAMA FEEL. We'll have a BIG fish fry @ our house, with other family members, & we'll all sit down in front of a 42" wide screen HDTV & watch BAMA beat the snot out of Virgina Tech.

    ROLL TIDE BABY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. We used to have season razorback tickets, but we let them go. Now you can't get any except for expensive, expensive ones. I don't think we will be able to go to a game either and it isn't much of a car trip. About and hour and a 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope for your sake, and Wayne's, that you get to go to some games. :) I, myself, could care less about football. Heck...baseball for that matter. We're not a "sports-watching" family. I like to play...just not watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you guys are such die hard Bama fans. We have never been to a big University game - it sounds like a blast. We normally just hit up our University in town to get our football fix...it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the LSU fans are ready and roarin too! And please don't mention Saban because I throw up a little in my mouth every time I hear his ugly name. He needs to stay AWAY from "our" boys. HA!

    Okay, sorry, but I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya'll can stay with us about 1.5 hrs. away & save some $$$! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Bama Collage!! I agree, a big HDTV would make you feel a bit better I think,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we lived closer to Columbia, MO so that we could have season tickets for our beloved Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:28 PM

    I would love a 55in hdtv but Laura want buy me one. Just kidding we have to sell one of our houses lst then we move up to the hdtv tvs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so ready for some SEC Football! I love all the games and cheer for every team...but y'all know that my heart bleeds Orange & Blue for my beloved Gators!

    The long wait is almost over and the grid iron is in sight!

    You can always visit me in Sunny, FL. Wear your Bama cloths and we'll wear our Gator cloths...and we can agree to disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Hello !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://nypidopeb.fcpages.com/pejaly.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Hi!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may begin earning with a money that usually goes
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

    [url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Good day, sun shines!
    There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
    Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
    It gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
    http://theblogmoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Hello!
    You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may begin earning with a sum that usually is spent
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
    and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete