Sunday, June 07, 2009

Our Weekend

Thank you so much for your sweet comments about Baby Girl! Alise is fine and back to her old self. We are pumping her with antibiotics and I've scheduled her two week follow up with her pediatrician.

It was a beautiful weekend here in Louisiana, so we spent alot of the day outside enjoying the cooler temps and drawing with chalk, riding her bicycle, walking the neighborhood and playing on her swing set. Last night when I put her to bed she said, "Mommie, I had so much fun today" and that made me smile. I also got several things marked off my never ending "to do list," so it was a very good day!

I'm trying to peak Alise's interest in cooking. I would love for her to take an interest in baking and helping in the kitchen. She already loves to watch me, so I thought I would let her have her own little cooking "project" this weekend. I found a recipe for English Muffin Pizza and I thought it would be the perfect thing for her to put together and cook herself. She seems to get bored with making cupcakes and cookies - probably because we have made them so much - so that's why I tried to find something really different. We had the pizzas for lunch and they were very good! Here are some pictures from our cooking session:


Here she is modeling her new Mermaid nightgown Saturday night that we got her in Disney: Yeah, she wanted to sleep in her head band (that doesn't match), too!

And here are a few pictures from this morning before we left for church. Alise is modeling a very cute peasant dress that I bought off Etsy. It is SO cute!










Laura.Sign




19 comments:

  1. I should let my littles make those pizzas! And cute pics, love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that pizza idea. We have made pizza before with the store-bought dough, but this might be better. Love that dress from etsy. Sofia is very into headbands now too. I am sorry to say, we might be almost done with hairbows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is adorable. I really need to do more cooking projects with EG. She would love that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so grown up in these pictures. I still have a hard time believing our girls are 4 years old. Where has time gone?

    I'm so glad she is feeling better. Poor baby! It was a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, have you tried the mini pizza using Pillsbury Grands biscuits? I haven't tried them yet, but I wanted Katie and I to try them out one day. Of course, this was better Colton came into the picture. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad she is feeling better! I have been thinking about you guys. We make English muffin pizza at our house too. MK hasn't helped me with it though. That is a great idea! Her dress is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Alise is better! She looks so grown-up, Laura! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a good weekend. We makes pizzas like that a lot...Carter has such a good time piling on the toppings. That dress is so cute! I wish I had a little girl too - their clothes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Glad she is feeling better and that you had fun making pizzas! We haven't done that in a while - now that the kids are out of school I need to get "cookin" with them more! Thanks for the prompting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been on the road so I've missed a few days. So sorry Alise was ill. It hurts so much when your children hurt. It doesn't ever get any better either.

    Love the pics of her making English Muffin Pizzas. My girls used to make them for us too. What fun.

    Hope your week is wonderful.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie pie!
    Those pizzas look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy that Alise is feeling better...and that little nightgown is so sweet on her...but my favorite is the dress. She is a total doll baby.

    Next time she wants to make pizzas, use the canned biscuit dough. She can spread it out like a mini pizza and then add her favorite toppings. My girls love to make pizzas and this is what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable dress and great idea with the pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad she is feeling better! And what a fun way to get her involved in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is adorbale! Since our girls are two years apart maybe you can put in on Ebay when she has outgrown it and I can buy it!! Hope everyone is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE these pictures of Alise in her new dress!! She is adorable and looks so grown up too!

    Those english muffin pizzas look yummy and easy too. I'll have to remember those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my!! I LOVE Alise's dress!!!!!!! So cute!! And those English Muffin Pizzas are a GREAT idea, I'll have to copy you and do it with the boys sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So I am seriously in love with Alise's dress! Don't be offended if it shows up on baby girl one of these days!

    ReplyDelete