Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Weekend Recap

Someone please tell me that I am still dreaming in my 2.5 hour Saturday afternoon nap and that this is NOT Sunday night already! Pa-leese tell me that the weekend is NOT already over!

Saturday morning, we had an appointment at Shots for Tots. I was not looking forward to it at all. Alise was scheduled to get 4 - yes, FOUR - immunization shots, but the program was out of the Hepatitis A vaccine so she only got three. Lucky me! Do you know what that means? I have the satisfaction of taking her back in a few weeks for the last vaccine! Woo-hoo! The nurse told us that there was a national shortage of the hepatitis A vaccine. Anyway, I was so relieved that Alise didn't recognize the building or waiting room - I had told her that we had an errand to run before we had brunch. She seemed to be okay with it until we actually got in the room where the injections were given and it's like her memory came flooding back. She immediately ran behind my chair and started whining. It took me and the nurse to hold her down and she still wiggled and screamed and hollered so it made it even worse. It was total drama - Alise-style - and I was so embarrassed to walk back out in the waiting room to leave. She didn't feel very good for the rest of the day and I kept her pumped with Tylenol, but she still ran a low grade fever. I got to hear, "Mommie, my bo-bo shots hurt!" all day!!

After that, we went to brunch at Cracker Barrel and that's where the diet downfall began!

My mom and I had planned to do a little antiqueing on "Antique Alley" that morning before it got too hot, but Alise started feeling bad, so we didn't get to stay very long. We only got to go in about three stores. I bought a 4-strand pearl choker for $7 and my mom bought a very nice coffee/snack tray. I was so excited to find a piece of my childhood bedroom furniture in one of the stores. It was the long dresser to the French Provencial collection and seemed to still be in good condition, but the mirror was showing its age. It was also priced reasonably and I so wanted to get it for Alise's bedroom, but she simply doesn't have room for a big dresser like that.

There is such a neat cookie shop on the alley named, "Yummy Tummy Creations" and we stopped in for a visit. Their cookies are wonderful and Alise couldn't understand why she couldn't join the birthday party that was taking place in the back of the store. Mom bought her one of their signature iced cookies and two chocolate covered cherries since Alise loves cherries.




We got home around noon and Baby Girl and I laid down and took a very long nap. She seemed to be feeling better when she woke up, so we went to a wedding for one of the girls I use to babysit in my younger days. When Erin walked down the aisle with her dad, I started crying. I couldn't believe that she was getting married and I felt so old! It was a beautiful wedding and Erin was a gorgeous bride! We didn't attend the reception because we decided to meet Wayne - who had been MIA all day at a bow tournament with friends - at a local burger dive for a late dinner.

Today after church, we joined the Pevehouse's for lunch at Ol' Charley's. I hate that I didn't have my camera, but I say all this to let you know that I feel like all I've done all weekend is EAT! Leigh and I ordered our Mama Mia tickets this afternoon and made reservations for Tavern on the Green! We are getting so excited about our New York trip in a month!

Here is a pic of Alise before church in the latest smocked bargain I found at my favorite boutique. I got it on sale for 50% off!
Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. I have been CRAVING cracker barrel, I love the yummy store in antique alley, and I am so jealous you are eating at the tavern on the green! YOU are so spoiled! HEE HEE! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE shot day...I dread it for weeks beforehand. I LOVE Tummy Yummy Creations! Have you tried Curl's? OMG They are to die for! And you need to fill me in on the little boutique you love and what church you go to. We are church shopping I think. Well hubby is pleased w/ where we are, I think we could do better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love some Cracker Barrel. Sorry about the shot ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dread those shots! I couldn't stand it when MK had to get them when she was little. I have been eating a lot too. I don't know what it is when family comes in that we think we have to eat! Ha! I love Cracker Barrel. I am excited for you about your upcoming trip. I know you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Antique Alley sounds right up my Alley!! Sorry for the shots. Poor Alise! Glad she is feeling better!! Loving all the photos you took Laura! I love Alise on the bench, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that cute outfit with the crabs! SOfia has to get just one more shot before school. We had a 4 shot day this past spring and it was ugly! My diet has completely gone out the window as of late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shots are the worst! I am glad that Alise is back to her normal cute self! That cookies shop looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I am watching calories its hard for me to find something at Cracker Barrel - I usually go with 1 egg, bacon and toast-not very exciting. I love, love Alise's new outfit! I just hate having to get the children shots and its a bummer you have to go back!

    ReplyDelete