Monday, June 08, 2009

Much Randomness

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across Anna Godbersen's book, Envy, at our local library. I had no idea that it was the third book of the Luxe Trilogy, so it was just my luck to begin with the last book. It's been a long time since I have found an Historical romance novel that I couldn't put down, even if the target audience is probably for the younger crowd. So when the library emailed me Saturday to let me know that my request for the first book, Luxe, was available, I immediately hopped in the car and drove the 2.8 miles to pick it up. I really like this trilogy. Much different reading than the likes of Edward and Bella. No disrespect, but I have jumped off the Twilight bandwagon.
************************
We are enjoying the early summer evenings - before they get too hot. After supper (on the nights that I don't go to the activity center) we've been walking around the neighborhood. Well, Alise rides her bike and Wayne and I walk. It's a nice way to unwind in the evenings and gives me and my man a chance to talk while Alise rides ahead of us. Wayne has also been trying to catch a lightening bug for Baby Girl in an old pickle jar that we have. So far, no such luck. He told me that I needed to buy her a net for catching. I think the net is more for him than her! Ha!
************************
I am pretty sure that Alise will hate me this weekend. I've made an appointment to get her shots up to date in time for school this Fall. I did NOT want to be one of those moms sitting at Shots for Tots those two weeks before school starts so wishing I had done it earlier. The Louisiana law has changed for school aged children needing immunizations. Two doses of the Varicella vaccine, or a history of the chicken pox disease will be required in Louisiana schools for entry into PreK4, and Kindergarten or first time enterers for children aged 4 years and older.
************************
OH! I was able to do a little research last week and I found THE neatest idea for Alise’s chore chart!! Scratch the Etsy one. This one is gonna be SO cute! Alise and I went this past Saturday to get the supplies for it, but I wouldn’t let her start on it until this weekend. I figured it would give us something to do while Wayne is away all day Saturday at a bow tournament. I’ll give you a hint: sticks and paint. You’ll have to wait until next week!
************************
I've got the remodeling bug. We are considering remodeling our rather small hall bathroom this summer. We have already looked at faux marble and I have picked out a style that I like. We got a quote on it last Friday night. We're planning on tearing out everything and starting completely over. We've been to Home Depot and priced new tubs, vanities, and fixtures. I am SO excited! Right now, we are trying to get in touch with the friend that is going to help us bust out that ol' ugly gold tile! I can't wait for that stuff to be gone!
************************
My parents are leaving this Thursday headed out west to their favorite vacation spots. They'll be gone for two weeks. Although I want them to have a good time, I always get a little anxious about them going so far and being gone so long. I wish they were already back. You see, my parents always drive out west. They don't believe in flying there. Ugh! I hate car rides!
************************
Speaking of flying, Leigh and I leave for New York in exactly one month! SO excited about that! Like I said before, New York will never be the same after us two dahlin' Southern Belles get there!
************************
Have you seen the new watermelon line at Gymboree? It is to DIE for! Or at least go broke for!!

Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. Remember when I went to Seattle last year? Mom and dad drove all over the west coast and me and Laura flew to meet them. They're going on an Alaskan cruise next month, sailing from Seattle..and they're driving again! They love them some road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of fun stuff going on in your life!!

    McKenna (my 17 year old) LOVES the Luxe series...and it's on my To-Read list for this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to see Alise's chore chart, when get it finished. I've been thinking about Katie's for this Fall. She's been real good to help me put things away right now. Of course, I have a hard time finding things that she puts away.

    Wish your parents a safe trip for me.

    You are going to have so much fun in NY, I'm so jealous.

    Don't you just love the watermelon theme? I picked up a tank & shorts for Katie. I love to see outfits w/watermelons on them for little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see the watermelon line, and was drooling over it. Couldn't find the right sizes though! What did you get? Enjoy those summer evening walks.

    http://countrycitymouse-pam.blogspot.com/2009/06/canadian-etsy-giveaway-3.html
    Drop in and enter my giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff going on. We have some redecorating to do, but I HATE the mess. I keep telling Jim we'll wait until fall & early winter.

    Speaking of early winter, my SIL, niece and I have taken a page from your book. We are going to go to NYC to see the Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas show. We're going to take the train down. Like you, I'm sooo excited. I've been there before but think it will be such fun with my 15 year old niece.

    What a long epistle I've written you. But see, you inspire me. Where out west did your parents go?

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know if you like the new Luxe book series. Can't wait to see the before and after pictures of your remodel. Can't wait to see the chore chart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been walking in the evenings too and are really enjoying it. But it is already getting too hot! I am envious of your remodeling and traveling plans! 2 of my favorite things that I dont get to do enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen those Luxe books at the GW. Where are your parents headed to? Oh and yes I saw that watermelon line! I have $200 in Gymbucks right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh No! Who am I going to talk to about Twilight,lol?!? I'll have to check out that book your reading! And I LOVE the Watermelon line, somehow I doubt Aidan or Evan would look as cute in it as Alise does,lol!!

    ReplyDelete