Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Horton's Heart P.F. Changs

Before you think that we live a very sheltered life (or either a life like the one that is portrayed in the Disney movie, "Princess Protection Program," which is what I am watching at this very moment...Ha!), I have to explain that there is not a P.F. Changs here in our town. I also have to tell you that our visit there today for lunch, was part of a very old promise that Wayne owed me from the last time we visited the Renaissance Shopping Center in Jackson, Mississippi. We love Chinese food, but our city only has the usual "Chinese buffets" and we don't frequent them as much as we use to. So when Wayne suggested we beat the church crowd and try it out, I was so excited!




Here is a picture of Alise trying out her chopsticks. She loved it although it was very hard to get fried rice on them and to her mouth!

And let me just say that we had the MOST awesome waiter! We told him that we had never been to a P.F. Changs before and so we really didn't know what to choose for an entree. He kindly brought us lettuce wrap appetizers "on the house" for us to try and explained the whole process of how to eat them. So let me just say that I love me some lettuce wraps now! They were awesome!
Unfortunately - we later found out - our waiter and his girlfriend both worked at the restaurant and his girlfriend had a seizure. The paramedics were called and made a rather crazy scene to which Alise asked a thousand questions. We ended up with another waiter for the remainder of our meal.


Here is a pic of the HUGE bowl of fried rice that we also recieved "on the house." Now, we've both had fried rice before - I love it! - but it was complimentary because someone ordered the wrong thing and our new waiter asked us if we would like to try it instead. It was good, too, with chicken, shrimp, and steak, but was entirely too much for us to eat.

I am so embarrassed to show you my plate! Yes, this is my plate! Does it even look like I've been dieting? I had the honey chicken with brown rice lunch bowl and, as you can tell, it was awesome! Just call me a pig, I don't care! Wayne had the steak and broccoli -something, but he ate so many lettuce wraps that he couldn't finish his! I didn't get a picture of it.

Alise opening her fortune cookie! I wish I could remember what all our fortunes said.

Later to come this week: the real reason we were in Jackson, Mississippi today! And I've got "pictures" to prove it!

Laura.Sign

17 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love PF Changs! Their Crab and cream cheese wontons are to.die.for!! How sweet of Wayne to treat you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PF Changs! Those lettuce wraps are my very, very favorite! Glad you were able to eat there and had a wonderful experience! We have one about a hour away so we don't eat there as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love PF Changs. We don't have one in my town either. It is a treat to eat there in Little Rock though. Hope you are having fun! Can't wait to hear why you are in Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably my most favorite place to eat! If you can't get to Changs but you ever see a Pei Wei - go there! Owned by same company, same food, less expensive. More of a "fast food" version. I HEART PEI WEI - usually twice per week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know there was a PF Changs in Jackson! Road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PF Changs Orange Chicken = yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been there! The food sounds and looks delicious! I love Jackson and can't wait to see the "real" reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Laura. I was considering blocking any non-LSU fan from my blog, but I've changed my mind. hehehe. My mom doesn't live in Monroe her blog is cristi-jesusis.blogspot.com She lives in a small town in central LA.

    Thanks for the comment and omg this post of your made me actually want Chinese food (which I normally detest!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alise is SUCH a good girl in public. And so classy!!!!! My curly girls need the Hilltop Crab House...the loudest, grossest dining choice (but so yummy!). Ha! I wish we could step up a few notches to PF Changs, but for now we dine with newspaper covered tables, disgusting garbage buckets by our sides, and lots of wood hammers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, this was very cruel of you. My stomach is growling now!

    I LOVE PF Changs. I live 3 hours away from one :( But I am so glad you had the opportunity to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one question. Is it a 46" or 52"? HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't eaten there...going to have to put it on the list! What a sweet hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you believe that I have NEVER been to PF Changs and I love to go out to eat...and there is one about 30 minutes from us. Now I think it is seriously on my list to go to this Summer. LOL

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE PF Changs. We didn't used to have one near us (only visited it in Las Vegas) but have one now. Plan to go there over the 4th to celebrate a belated Father's Day. LOVE the lettuce wraps, and I always have the honey chicken. Yum Yum. Glad you had a good time there.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. GIRL!!!!!!! I love PF Changs! It's mine and Adam's favorite place evah! Glad you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love it too! As a matter of fact, it was the first thing I asked for after I could eat again in the hospital after having Noah! Don't think I didn't sit up in my hospital room scarfing down some of those lettuce wraps you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM OH! I have been to Jackson several times, but I didn't know about this gem! What is it around?

    ReplyDelete