Monday, June 22, 2009

Doctor Visit

This morning, Alise had a follow up visit for this. On top of everything else about that horrible visit two weeks ago, I forgot to mention that the triage nurse decided to take Alise’s blood pressure for the first time that night. Can you just say, “Wigged Out!”? Needless to say, I’ve been hearing about it ever since!!

So when I began mentioning this weekend that we had a follow up appointment with Dr. S – not the clinic - on Monday, I was very disheartened to hear Alise say that she didn’t want to go {very unlike her to not want to see Dr. S}. The whole time we were in the waiting room, she kept asking me if she was going to get a shot or have her blood pressure taken. Very paranoid. Very annoying for a mother who is still suffering from her own sinus ailments and just wanted to lay her head down on the yucky navy bench right there in a children’s doctor office.

And let me just take a moment here to say how very disappointed I am with the Pediatric Clinic for not faxing over Alise’s paperwork and specimen results that night to Dr. S’s office like they were suppose to! He said he never saw the results and there was no paperwork in Alise’s chart this morning of her visit two weeks ago, nor was there a record of the specimen being sent to the lab for culture like we were told. I WILL be mentioning that to Dr. O, who oversees the clinic the next chance I get…possibly when she comes by my office to collect her medical director check! I digress.

I’ve mentioned before how much I love Dr. S! I think he is the best doctor in the universe so when he came into the exam room and asked Alise for a hug first thing – and she gave him one – whell, that just made my day! He looked at me and said, “Hey, Mom! I haven’t seen you in a while!” If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that anytime Dr. S and I see each other in the hospital, it means he gets to charge me for an office visit within 5 days. This happens 100% of the time. Not kidding. I don’t know what I’m going to do when Alise begins attending the same school his children do in the fall and he starts running into me and Wayne at school functions and such! I guess our paychecks will just have to go straight to Dr. S! Ha!

For the most part, Alise is okay. There were still some things found in her urine, but obviously they weren’t bad enough to warrant a new prescription. The important thing is for her to stay hydrated and tinkle as much as she can since technically she is now more susceptible to UTIs. Baby Girl has certainly gotten that part taken care of! We can’t go in a store nor can I even take one bite of food before she announces to the world that she’s “gotta go potty!” Some things never change.

This week is cheerleading camp at the gym where Alise takes gymnastics. She is so pumped about getting to cheer with the 5-9 year olds because – as she says – “I’m really not suppose to be cheering with them.” She’s right. When I asked her coach if she could go to the camp even though she wasn’t old enough, Ms. SueAnn took me straight to the cheer coach and told her that she thought Alise could handle it because “she’s good.” Oh, ya’ll!! That just made my day! Someone besides me thinks that my daughter is good at something. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Maybe it’s the sinus medicine. Camp is from 5:30 to 7:30 every night so I know one little cheerleader who is going to be dog tired this week! I plan to walk at the activity center during those two hours.

One more soap box thing. Has anyone besides me noticed how expensive the cookie cakes from Great American Cookie Company have gotten? I paid a little over $30 bucks for the Father’s Day cookie this weekend and nearly fell out from shock. That’s highway robbery! And the drawing was awful on it. Of course, it didn’t help that it ended up in the floor board on the way home when I had to slam on my brakes rather suddenly because somebody pulled out in front of me.

Some of you have asked about the zebra dress that Alise wore to church on Sunday. I ordered it off Etsy for $12! Go here to shop. And for those of you planning a Disney vacay soon, I suggest getting the Minnie Mouse dress. Too cute and they are the “Disney rage.”

The three of us stayed up late last night watching "Father of the Bride." I still laugh at Steve Martin in that movie!! Alise had LOTS of questions about getting married. Lucky for us, she made the announcement that she never wanted to get married! She wants to stay with her mommie and daddy forevah and evah! Lucky us!

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that things are getting better for Alise. We had a trip to an Urgent Care Clinic yesterday and this momma was not happy with the service. The Dr. just seemed to ignore my concerns and that just really ticks me off. He is my son - I know when something is not normal with him better than a dr. who takes on glance at him and diagnoses! Anyway - I will have to just blog about it to get it all out of my system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad she is on the mend. MK has had a UTI before and the whole experience was A-W-F-U-L. That's terrible that the paperwork wasn't there. Hopefully she won't have to go back for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Alise is doing better! Cheer camp sounds great! I can't wait for Sofia to get back and start going to dance and cheer! Busy times! Me, I am still on my Twilight bliss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very frustrating when people don't follow through! Glad she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooooove Father of the Bride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that Alise is better!! UTI's are no fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad she is feeling better. So sad that you are not.

    I loved the weekend post with pictures of her cooking. She is so serious and engaged.

    Also, I love the picture of her with your dad.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete