Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Weekend Recap - Happy Father's Day!

Our Father’s Day weekend started out in the kitchen on Thursday night with Alise helping me make this for my office party on Friday. She was a great helper and loved all the “layering” that was involved.



I tweeted about the finished project and Leigh text me, “So what did u just eat?” She thought I had “cheated” on my diet since weigh in was Friday morning, so I had to explain what the dessert was really for. However…on Friday, I DID enjoy a nice helping of said dessert and it was WONDERFUL! An awesome dessert for that 4th of July bar-be-que!

So Friday night, I thought I would let Alise help out with another “layering” project in the kitchen. We made lasagna and I refrigerated it for our Father’s Day lunch after church today.
Having Alise help in the kitchen has been a great teaching and hands-on experience for her. We count measurements and the "layering" concept is teaching her sequence and order. Cooking is definitely something that she and I have both enjoyed this summer. I am constantly looking for things for us to cook together. I'm even trying to coax a blogger friend into making Alise and I matching aprons {Hint Hint!}!

Here is a pic of Alise modeling an Ed Hardy look alike swimsuit that I bought her at Target.

Speaking of modeling, the Miss Louisiana Pageant was held this weekend in our city. Congratulations to Miss Katherine Putnam who was crowned Miss Louisiana 2009! Our hugs go out to Hope Anderson who was 1st runner up. Hope holds a special place in our heart.

On Saturday morning, I went to a Pampered Chef party – childless, I might add - that a friend from work was hosting. This was the first party in her new home and she was excited to have everyone there. The PC rep made a delicious "Ham & Cheese Brunch Casserole" but she substituted sausage instead of ham and it was A-MAZING! I'll post the recipe later in the week, but let me just say, it's not for anyone who has high cholesterol! Ha!

This morning, I woke up with a bad sinus infection. My head was throbbing and I couldn't breeeeeeath!! So Wayne and Alise went to Sunday School without me. They came home to lasagna, Aunt Donna's green beans, and mozzerella bread for lunch. So yummy!! And yes! We eat from the stove at our house!

Here is a pic of my two favorite people. Happy Father's Day, Wayne! You are the best Dad in the world! Your two favorite "girls" love you SO much!

Later this afternoon, my parents came over for dessert of GAC and ice cream. Yum!


And although my sweet father-in-law is no longer with us, I know he is smiling down from Heaven today. Happy Father's Day, Hollis! We miss you very much!
Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. Love this post! It is great that Alise is cooking with you. Sorry you are not feeling well. Hopefully tomorrow you will feel better. The zebra outfit is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! Just read your comments about Thara going to Auburn. I wondered what you would think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alise was so pretty this morning! And Wayne was a huge help rocking babies - so sweet for him to come help me!

    Hope you feel better! Josh has it too I think. He came straight home from church and went to bed. Woke up with a temp. Not fun to be sick during the summer!

    Are you going to share the recipe for that awesome looking dessert...pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm hungry now with all that talk of food! :) :)
    I love Alise's dress, so cute!
    We eat from the stove too, are we not supposed to? :)
    Hope your feeling better and that ya'll have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks so tasty. some of my best memories with my girls so far have been of them "helping" me in the kitchen...sure, it takes longer and there are always messes, but it is great quality time!

    freaky...my father-in-law is named hollis too!!! i'm sorry yours is no longer with us. mine would be very missed, as i'm sure yours is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything looks so tasty. some of my best memories with my girls so far have been of them "helping" me in the kitchen...sure, it takes longer and there are always messes, but it is great quality time!

    freaky...my father-in-law is named hollis too!!! i'm sorry yours is no longer with us. mine would be very missed, as i'm sure yours is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great weekend - minus the sinus infection! I hope you are feeling better!

    That layering dessert looks so yummy. Just looking at it has made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO Sweet!! I just cry over the photos with Alise and her daddy!! Sigh, I would love to have a daddy's little girl someday,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, you do know I was a seamstress (made wedding gowns and such) before I before the doula extraordinaire, maybe if you and Alise and I got together I could be convinced to sew them up. ;)

    ReplyDelete