Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating Mother's Day with their moms and/or children. From the blogs that I've read, it looks like everyone had a wonderful day and I am so glad! Since becoming a mom myself for the first time nearly four years ago, the day has certainly taken on a whole new meaning for me and it is one of my favorite days of the year! And let me just say, that if you couldn't be with your mom today, I hope your memories gave you much comfort and joy!

Our day started like any other Sunday! With us waking up late and literally RUNNING to church! Ha! But not before I insisted on a photo op! I just love posing with my little monkey in her orange smocked monkey dress (I've actually gotten my money's worth out of that dress! This is the third year she has been able to wear this dress!! Kudos to the brand, "Remember Ngyyen")!
Notice that both me and Baby Girl are wearing our pearls! It's a "pearlsonal" tradition of mine and I would love for Alise to love them, too! And, yes! I look like a poodle! I got my hair cut yesterday and it's a little shorter than I normally like, but, oh well!
Alise and I showing off her fantastic artwork from church this morning. She loved the cupcake so much! She painted it with pink glitter paint so it really "sparkled."

My new favorite picture!

Three generations: my mom, Alise and me.

Wayne and I - I'm nearly embarrassed to say - have been watching "Celebrity Apprentice" this season. I don't want to get into all the drama here - because if you've been watching, you KNOW what I'm talking about! - but I absolutely LOVE and admire the bond that Joan shares with her daughter Melissa. Melissa said tonight on live television that she was so "proud of her Mother." That's my wish, too. I hope that one day, Alise will look back over her life and say, "Gosh, I am SO proud of my mother!"

Happy Mother's Day!

9 comments:

  1. I love Apprentice! So happy to see Joan win. Great pics of you and Alice and with your mom. Sofia had the same monkey outfit - but capirs and smocked top!!! Super favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mother daughter pictures. You girls are beautiful. I like that you got a picture with your mom. Of all the pictures I took yesterday, I didn't get one of the 3 of us. I love the pearls. I just know that Alise will tell you she is proud of you. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pearls. How sweet that you have the picture with Alise, your mom and you. I love it.

    Glad your Mother's Day was special.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with that dress!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great Mother's Day pictures!! You all look fabulous in your pearls! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of you and Alise is beautiful...you know, I went the entire day and didn't get a single picture of me and Carter together! Bummer!

    Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet day! HUGs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, and so glad you had an awesome day. We watched the CA, too, and I'm so thrilled with the winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty ladies. Happy belated Mother's day. Sounds like it was a memorable one.

    ReplyDelete