Monday, May 18, 2009

Disney Fever

The countdown has begun!!

Last Friday, Wayne forwarded me an email from Disney Destinations with the subject line: “Your Disney Vacation Is Amost Here, Horton Family!” I wanted to just let out a big ol’ girly-girl squeal right there in my office!! If my boss hadn’t been around, I probably would have!

Still no openings to the Spirit of Aloha Luau during our visit or a morning opening to move our BBBoutique appointment. I just know that we are going to be able to do these two things eventually. I can feel it!

I’ve started my packing list, but I haven’t checked it twice. What do you think the very first thing on my list is? Any guesses? I’ll tell you: sun screen! The Horton’s are a very fair clan and there is only one of us that is already sporting a “tan” – if you want to call it that – and that’s Wayne-o! One leg is browner than the other! We call it the “UPS Man Tan.” Ha! And you mean I have to walk around with him looking like that at Disney?! Oh, well. I’ll let you in on a little secret: I’m considering an airbrush tan myself before the big trip. I’ll let you know what I decide later.

Looks like you all ganged up on me and sided with Wayne, so I’ve decided to take the laptop! Even though I never got the cute little Vera Bradley tote to carry it in!

Call us crazy, but except for a scheduled character supper, our big birthday party on Tuesday, and a promised visit to the “beach” at the Beach and Yacht Club Resort (where Wayne and I stayed at our first Disney visit twelve years ago…), we really don’t have any “plans.” We’re flying by the seat of our pants and I love it. No pressure. Just pure enjoyment.

Baby Girl has racked up on some birthday money!! She has $140 to spend! Now, I know that probably won’t go that far at Disney, but I’ve bought her her very own “wallet” to keep in my purse during our trip so that she can spend it on whatever she wants. She’s excited about that!

Besides the chocolate birthday cake, do you know what else I’m looking forward to eating? I am SOOO wanting one of those Eskimo Pie thingies that’s in the shape of Mickey’s head. I’m all about some ice-cream and I haven’t fasted and walked my you-know-what-off these past five months not to enjoy it, either!

Disney, here we come!!

Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun! And glad you are taking your laptop just to provide us with a few pictures now and again to keep us happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh! I can't wait for pictures! :)

    Hey, eat all you want, because all that walking you will be doing will melt the calories off! I lost weight while there and ate like a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a Tuesday morning near you, check there for super cute laptop bags. I remember in Elementary school those Mickey Mouse head ice creams were my favorite to pick from on the days I had an extra .25!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and i have a friend who is very fair skinned and the spray tan looked awesome for a wedding she was in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh. our trip is SO far away still....you will have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm counting down with you and can't wait until you post pics and updates from your laptop ;-) Not long to go now, how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Less than a week to go! I am so excited for you guys...you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All this Disney talk is making me want to go! And I say yes to the spray tan. Just think, with the laptop you can blog every night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see pics. And of course I have to tell you that Andy, AJ, and I were at the mall eating lunch today. I happened to look over my shoulder and we were sitting right next to Alise and your mom (I think that's who she was!). Anyway, I told her I recognized Alise from your blog. She is even cuter in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Disney Fever and we aren't even going this year. Ha! I am so excited for you guys. Alise will have a blast. She is at a precious age. She will enjoy the trip so much. You guys will too watching it through her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys will have such a good time. I just love Disney World. I can hardly wait for the pictures.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete