Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Think Thin Thursdays

As far as weight goes, March came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. Up until March, I had lost an average of nearly 5 pounds per month. In March, I lost a total of 2. The month started out well, but I stalled the rest of the month. I'm still trying to walk 3-4 times a week, but I'm no longer using my on-line food diary. I thought I could count my calories in my head - which is what I am still doing - but I've lost the "accountability." My "little" splurges on the weekend have become bigger and I think that's another reason for the plateau. I still have nearly two months to loose the other two pounds to get to my goal weight. I think I can do it! I just need to continue to exercise and be more conscious about what I put in my mouth. I have lost 4 inches from my waist and thighs and I have gone down nearly two sizes, so I am pleased. Tomorrow is my first weigh-in for April, so we'll see how it goes!



I want to say "Hang in there!" to all my friends who are on this diet roller coaster with me! We CAN do this!!

Think thin, think thin, think thin!!
Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. you are doing great! You will certainly reach your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I am working on my weight too. I gained 51 pounds when I was pregnant. Well I can't use the excuse that I have a baby at home now that she is 3. So I have finally gotten motivated to lose the weight. Plus I was over weight to start with when I got pregnant. I have lost the baby weight. (Not just this year. Took 3 years.) Now I am working on the weight I needed to lose anyway. I am hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a great job Laura! I've recently started up again and lost 4 lbs so far. Its enough to keep me going again! Plus all those cute summer clothes are in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great. I know what you mean about not writing it all down. Jim and I were convinced we could do it when we came out here, but we aren't keeping our food diaries.

    We haven't gained (due to the walking) but I'm sure we haven't lost either. I have a goal before July 15th, so I need to get busy when I get home. I plan to rejoin Curves too. That does help me.

    Keep up the good work.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. It is hard...I have been on a roller coaster for some time now...I have lost 8 pounds since January, but still have about 8-10 more to go. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I slowed way down in my weight loss the past month. Lost a pound...down to 164 from 198 at my highest.

    It is spring now, swimming, yard work, and just being active will boost it back up.

    I took a break to eat more and then go back to tricking my body. Let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve a "You go girl!". How awesome that you've gone down 2 dress sizes. You can easily loose 2 lbs in 2 months. I would say that you should start tracking in your online journal again. I find when I write it down, I'm definitely more accountable for everything I'm eating. And make sure to keep up with your water intake. I think drinking lots of water truly helps with weight loss.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, you are doing great. Just remember I'm suffering with you! :)

    ReplyDelete