Thursday, April 09, 2009

Taking A Little Blog Break

Here are the rest of the Spring pictures that I wanted to share:
This is one of my absolute favorite pictures from our photo op at the Elsong Gardens on Sunday afternoon. Alise was so full of love that afternoon (unlike last year!).


My two favorite people in the world!!



I probably should have posted the other version of this pic which had Alise a little further back from the camera so that you could see the beautiful waterfall in the background. Can you believe that this is the exact same spot I had my bridal portrait taken nearly fourteen years ago? Who would have ever thought?



And speaking of bridal portraits, I hope I get to do this again when Alise is having her portrait taken. This picture brings tears to my eyes.


I think I Twittered about this, but here’s the rest of the story. Lori got a phone call from the school on Tuesday telling her that Emma had an accident with a pair of scissors. The child cut her entire bangs off!! I’ve seen it! I’m telling you they are g-o-n-e!! First, Emma gave herself bangs at Christmas time by using a pair of scissors at home. Now, four months later, those bangs are no more! To make two very long teacher/parent telephone conversations very short, the kids were doing a cutting activity with only the aide in the classroom. Emma supposedly cut her bangs before the aide knew what happened or could get to her. Which is it? Lori has gotten two stories and can’t seem to get the two stories to match. I also don’t have to tell you that she is LIVID! I also don’t have to tell you about the conversation that Alise and I had on the way to gymnastics that afternoon about who cuts her hair and what scissors are actually made for cutting. Poor Emma! When I say it’s bad, it’s really bad! I mean, the bangs are gone at the scalp! No more. I wish I had a picture to show you, but I didn’t dare ask Lori to email the one she has on her phone because every time she talks about it, she nearly cries herself and this Drama Mama has been close to it a time or two, too!! All Lori can think about is the dance recital in May and how in the world she is going to fix it!

Someone asked me this week why I was no longer reading and commenting on her blog. Let me say this: I am in love with Google Reader. It’s my new mechanism for reading the blogs that I follow. Trust me, if I’m following you, I’m reading your posts. I just may not be commenting on every single one. And I’m on Google Reader three to four times (maybe more) a day, so I hardly ever have to “mark as read”. And if I don’t see you updating your blog, I will hunt you down!! Some of you know what I’m talking about! If I’m not following you, let me know that I should be!

Having said all that, I’ve decided to take a little blog break over the Easter Holiday in order to spend time with my friends and family and to focus on what this time of year really means to me. I plan to unplug the laptop on Friday – which most of you know is a total sacrifice for me – but pales in comparison to Christ’s ultimate sacrifice for the world.

I encourage you to attend a church service this Easter Sunday. Gather up the kiddies! Go with your parents! Round up your peeps and posses and just go! If you attend no other church service this entire year, go this Sunday.

And to all my wonderful Blog Friends & Family, this is my prayer for you this Easter weekend:

"...May you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep His love is" (Ephesians 3:18, New Living Translation).

Have a wonderful Easter!

15 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that first one the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture is beautiful! And I think taking a break is a pretty smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are GREAT! I feel so blessed that you came into my life! I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Easter weekend! Enjoy the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my word - the one of you fixing her dress is precious. Just imagine if you put that in a scrapbook next to her bridal portrait! Tears!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures brought a tear to my eye. So sweet. Happy Easter to you! Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Laura! The thought of Alise taking her bridal portrait there brings tears to my eyes too!! We have had a scissors incident here at home, Aidan took the liberty of trying to cut his hair, luckily for us, it was easily fixed since he's a boy and we didn't have to worry about his hair being too short for awhile! Have a wonderful bloggy break and a wonderful Easter holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! How special to take them where your bridal portraits were done. I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! You look SOOOOO skinny!!!! Great work! Have a great Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures of your sweet girl! Enjoy the Easter holiday. "See" you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures!!!

    And Happy Easter to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah and Amen!! God bless you.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are priceless, Laura--all of them melt my heart! Have a blessed Easter!! :) xo, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Just Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a fantastic Easter with my family...hope you did too!

    I adore those sweet pictures of your beautiful girl;) And that dress is absolutely adorable (I think Harper Jane has the smocked bishop that matches it)!

    ReplyDelete