Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Randomness

{Sigh}

I have fallen off the diet wagon oh-so BIG TIME! I won't even begin to shock you with everything that I ate this entire weekend. When I think about them all now, I could throw up. Sorry. Just know, it was a very hard fall!!

I am up to my eye balls in birthday plans! I met with Cyndi (my cake lady) last night at 8:30. I made the mistake of mentioning the late visit to Alise and the next thing I knew, I was staring at a very disappointed little girl with huge crocodile tears streaming down her face. "Mommie, I wanna go!" OMGoodness! How could I pass that up! She acted like it was her birthday or something! Alise ended up totally scratching the Mermaid Barbie Doll idea and now we're going with a two layer Mermaid cake instead! Can you say one layer of strawberry cake with cream cheese icing and the second layer of triple chocolate chip cake with fudge icing? I see another hard fall in my very near future. What can I say? My daughter had great taste when it comes to birthday cakes!

We have received not one, but TWO birthday party invitations in the mail for two other of Alise's classmates on the EXACT SAME DAY as her party!! Mommie is so disappointed. The only thing I've got going for me right now is the fact that Alise's party is first that day.

I'm also up to my eyeballs in "Teacher Appreciation" this week! Thank you so much for all your wonderful ideas! Today's gift was a small box of Whitman's chocolates with a cute note attached saying, "Ms. K - You are too sweet!" Tomorrow's gift is a set of brown and turquoise monogrammed coasters. I haven't thought far enough into Wednesday, but I'm thinking Chic-fil-a mini chicken biscuits and a diet coke are sounding awfully good. To me, at least!

We actually got our check back from the U.S. government today!

Do me a big favor! Please go to my friend, Brooke's blog and read all about the neat Mommy Madness contest she is involved in. Don't forget to vote for her blog, too! You can vote as many times as you want!
Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. Could you mail me a big fat slice of that cake?? Thanks so much....I'll email you our address! Heehee!;)

    Love the teacher appreciation gifts...one of my most favorite gifts I would receive was flowers...no not cut flowers, but plants so that I could put them in our yard, our window boxes, or in pots. I got a beautiful hydrangea one year and every year that it would bloom, I was reminded of that sweet student. One student even painted a terra cota pot and put some daisies in it and I treasured that. So sweet! But I'm a plant/flower person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday cake, yummmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake sounds WONDERFUL! I can't wait to see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake sounds sooooo wonderful right now! Don't feel bad...i fell off the diet wagon HARD while I was in Nashville. It happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is everyone having a party on the big day!!!??? I hope she has a great party!! I have thought of you everytime I pass by a Dollar Tree.

    I just have not been able to read blogs but I have thought of my sweet friends. You look absolutely beautiful in the picture of the two of you. I love the lavendar/purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alise's cake sounds Divine!! The design and the taste,lol!! What a sweet Mom you are to give Alise's teacher something every day, love your ideas and your monogrammed coasters sound great! Alise's party is going to be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That cake sounds good. I wish I were Alise's teacher.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cakes sound yummy! If there are leftovers, can you send me some? I've fallen hard myself. What can we do to get back up! We need to support each other :)

    Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete