Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mermaid Dilemma Solved

Thank you to everyone for your ideas and promises to look for the Mermaid dolls! I appreciate your help.

I decided to email "Dollar Tree" myself today. Not even an hour later, I got a response letting me know that my email had been routed to two district managers. I really didn't expect to hear from anyone after that, but right before lunch, I got a very nice call from a manager named Peggy. And guess what!?! She was able to locate an entire CASE of Mermaid dolls at a store about 40 miles away!! And guess what else!!? She is coming to my area in about two weeks and promised to bring them with her; I can pick the dolls up on the 13th of this month! Is that great or what?! I am so excited that my idea with the goody bags is going to work out!

So, Kudos to Dollar Tree!!

Happy April!!

I cannot believe that it is already April!

Some of you have played some really mean "jokes" on your blogs today!! My heart has dropped a time or two.

I fired the "new" maid. Didn't work out. Her "first impression" was a disaster! I should have known when she said she was going to "squeeze me in between naptime" that it wasn't going to work! - she was helping a friend at her friend's daycare. Ugh! The bathrooms weren't mopped and our bedroom wasn't dusted. My kitchen sink was still dirty and the pillows on the couch were in the exact same place that I left them that morning! And that was her first visit!! I couldn't believe it! And she acted totally shocked when I told her that I wouldn't be needing her services again. I realize people aren't going to clean your house like you would, but give me a break! Maybe I was just spoiled by the maid we had previously for four years? She was wonderful and I hate that she left us. So, for the time being, we are maid-less.

My daughter was SO CUTE this morning in her headband from Shannon! I couldn't resist a picture!
Check out these shoes I bought for myself! I thought they would look so cute with a nice pair of black capris! I am dying to make this cake this weekend because it's strawberry season. I saw this cake on the cover of a Paula Deen magazine and it looked wonderful! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. Glad you found the mermaid dolls! Talk about great customer service!! Loving those shoes you got and they'll look so cute with black capris!! Sorry about your maid, hope you find another one who does a better job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words on my blog!
    -I LOVE those shoes!
    -I wish I had a girl to put a headband on-the dog will eat it, the boys will cry, and I would look silly in it...One can always hope...for a granddaughter one day!
    -Glad you found the mermaid dolls!
    -I love our maid (Ugh-It's me!) she is fabulous, when she is not being lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes! Fabulous bow! Yay dollar tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! So glad you found the mermaids! I remember when Sofia was 2 running all over town looking for little notebooks that looked like paint cans for her "painters" party. Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great customer service! And an adorable headband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for you with the mermaids. That IS some great customer service. Dollar Tree rocks! So do those shoes!

    Did you know Paula Deen & family are hosting a cruise in January? "She" sent me an email.

    The headband is cute & so is the girl wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is some serious customer service! I never would've guessed that the Dollar Store would have such amazing service like that!!

    Your daughter looks so cute with her new headband! And those shoes...they totally rock! They would look great with a pair of black capris!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW go Dollar Tree! "A" for customer service! I love those shoes too...super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting about the mermaid dolls!! They are so cute! And what service.

    Sorry about the maid. Remind me to share a chore list I found online that has helped me a lot.

    I LOVE the shoes! Are those the ones Wayne hated?? He has NO taste!! Love ya Wayno!!

    ReplyDelete