Monday, April 13, 2009

I Reached My Weight Loss Goal!

I hit my weight loss goal two weeks ago and I am esctatic about it!! Nothing is pleasin' me more these days than reaching my "prize" in about 40 days!! I can't wait to celebrate Alise's birthday with chocolate cake at Cinderella's Castle!

The key word right now is: maintain. And after this weekend of celebrating Easter....well, let's just say that maintaining was not what I was thinking about at my mom's table! Ha!

The reason I waited two weeks to make the big announcement is because when I jumped on the scales two weeks ago, I thought it was just a freak thing. I didn't want to believe it myself. So, in order to confirm the loss, I decided to wait another week and see if the same number popped up again and it did! Good Friday was truly a GOOD Friday for me!! I even got to wear an old Easter dress that I hadn't worn in a few years to church on Sunday because it fit again!

However, I didn't sleep well Friday night. Alise ended up sleeping with me in our bed (Wayne had the couch) and I kept waking up every two hours. Finally, at 6:30, I got up, got dressed and woke Wayne to let him know that I was leaving to go walking at our local college's old football stadium. I didn't realize how cold it was when I left the house, but it was 48 degrees outside and all I had on was a short sleeved shirt and thin capri walking pants. I froze to death!! So....I decided to JOG - yes, that's j-o-g - around the curves of the track! Can you believe it?!? ME?!? Jog!! Is that crazy or what? I thought I was going to die!! But ya know what? I kinda enjoyed it! Truth is, I'm kinda getting bored with my "power walking" and I've thought, "Man, I wish I could jog and not look stupid!" I can just see myself falling on my face and everyone behind me falling over me! Ha! I went home and told Wayne what I had done and then I said, "Heck! I may just run a marathon one day!" He was like, "Yeah! Right!!" He has no faith! Ha!

Truth is, Wayne has been great! He has sacrificed and worked his tail off to get home in time so that I would have time to walk before the activity center closed! And I love him for it! He has encouraged me and let me go every single night that I wanted to go. I love you, Wayne! Thank you for supporting me! You're the best!!
Laura.Sign

22 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and working toward your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! That is so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Baby Girl would say, "I so poud of you!" Really that's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That's wonderful! All of your hard work is paying off. I know you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH LAURA! You did AMAZING! Keep up the great work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura,

    I am so proud of you!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job--your hard work and dedication paid off. WOOHOO!

    HUGS!!!!!!!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on meeting your goal. I've been dieting myself and will be so ecstatic when I reach mine. Let's not hold our breath though. lol

    oh and ROLL TIDE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAY TO GO!!! That is just great news!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congratulations! That is so wonderful! Keep up the jogging...the best motivation is to sign up for a race. A few weeks of jogging and you could do a 5k with no problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! That is so great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go, woman! I was looking at an older pic of you and thenat the one from the Gardens and you can so tell you have lost weight. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Laura!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! What an inspiration you are!!! And jogging, awesome! I bet you will run a marathon one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!! That's so wonderful! And that's awesome that your hubby is willing to work around your schedule to make it easier for you to find time to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew you were looking pretty hot in your recent pictures.

    Congratulations Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did it!! I'm so proud!! You look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! You deserve that reward!!! And you could totally do a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good, good, good for you. Congratulations.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's wonderful--CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    That is such great news. You must not only look great, but feel great too! Way to go :)

    And hey, if I could run a marathon, you could run one. I am the least athletic, least coordinated person I know.

    What a great accomplishment...again, many congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had no idea there was a carter's outlet in Tunica in the first place. I'll have to check and see!

    ReplyDelete