Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Heart Robin Eggs - As In Easter Candy

My only personal downfall to Easter time is the candy! I seem to crave it more in the spring time than I do in the fall (Halloween). And having said this yesterday, I must confess to you that I am extremely fond of Robin Eggs! Ya know? The little speckledy eggs that come in the yellow package or milk carton and taste just exactly like Whoppers? Not the little ones, either. I’m talking the big ones.My absolute favorite Easter eating enjoyment is biting in to only half of the egg. Longer lasting enjoyment. Kind of a "two-bites-in-one." Know what I mean? Gosh, I could eat a whole bag of those things and God alone only knows how many I ate yesterday while I was preparing this to carry to my mom’s for lunch! See? I made the mistake of buying a bag to stuff some of Alise’s Easter eggs for her basket. I was secretly hoping that Wayne would eat the majority of them because Robin Eggs are his favorite candy, too. However, it ain’t happening. I’m sure the indulgence will show up on the scale this week!!

I called our local Dollar Tree today and guess what! The box of mermaids arrived at the store today as promised. I plan to write the company a very nice letter as soon as I get my hands on them (I wasn’t able to pick them up today). Everyone that I have spoken to at Dollar Tree has been extremely nice and accommodating. I think it’s important that when you experience good customer service that you let the people know about it. One thing that I’ve learned in healthcare is that good things seem to go unnoticed and maybe never acknowledged. It only takes one bad thing to happen and it seems like the whole world knows about it. Take time to appreciate good customer service. You’ll make someone else feel better and brighten their day.

Speaking of Mermaids….the birthday plans are ON! Alise’s party is two weeks from this Saturday. I think I’ve gotten just about everything I need for the goody bags (I like to do boy and girl goody bags with different things for each). I’ve emailed Cyndi about getting together to discuss Alise’s cake. I’m waiting for the invitations to come in from All My Love. The only thing Alise won’t be having at her birthday party is a piñata. That’s all the child has talked about is having a pull-string Mermaid piñata at her party, but when I called the Museum and asked if we could bring one, I was told no. I just knew the response would send Alise into a meltdown, but she seemed to be okay with it. This just may be the easiest birthday party yet! As it should be! After all, we’re leaving for Disney three weeks later!

Chocolate cake, here I come!!
Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. I looooooooove whopper eggs! Someone brought a bag of them to work about a week ago for our department and we all gobbled them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I appreciate that you let people know when you received great customer service. When customers do that for people at our store, management makes an announcement at our morning meetings about it and then hangs it on the wall. A copy also goes in our file to wait for our reviews. Doing something small like this is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like whoppers! I'm a resse eater! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Whopper eggs too! Yum!! Yay for the Dollar Tree! I so appreciate great customer service, it seems so rare these days! Yay for Alise's party!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I know what Robin eggs are? Are you kidding, I LOVE Robin eggs. In fact, I'm so addicted to them that I didn't let myself buy any this year...I eat so many I make myself sick! Kind of sad, but maybe next year I can have more self control...probably not!

    It's great to hear about good customer service...YAY! for Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elijah loves the whopper eggs too...I think they are yucky. But you two can have them all. :)

    If you do see a flux in the weight, which I doubt, it will come off in a day or two. :) Don't worry about feast times...they are healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I could devour an entire bag of those eggs. Iike the crunchiness. The Easter bunny "conveniently" brought LOTS of Whopper Eggs to my kids' baskets. LOL!

    Proud of your weight loss--just wanted to let you know I am encouraged by you and so darn proud! YOU GO GIRL!

    xo,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. My downfall is gummy bears. I ate a whole bag on the road today. I get bored in the car and gummies help.

    It's back to the WW diet and Curves as soon as we get home.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you said about customer service! You are so right.

    I can't wait to see her mermaid cake!

    ReplyDelete