Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm Not Bragging, But....



My clothes are getting REALLY loose!

I went to Target at lunch and I thought I was going to nearly walk out of my pants. I’m just saying…

And I can’t afford new clothes for myself right now because I’ve spent all my money on buying things for Baby Girl and our trip in exactly…uhm…80 days. And that’s precisely the reason I was in Target at lunch…trying to find new, cheap clothes. No luck. But there sure are some really cute business-looking clothes at Walmart – not that I normally buy my clothes at Walmart, but I figured since Kelly could do it, I could, too! However, I was not in the mood to fight the traffic or people at our local Wally World at lunch time today. So, I spent the extra gas and went to Target instead and walked right back out empty handed.

Tomorrow is “weigh-in” day, aka “judgment day.” Ha!

Think thin! Think thin!

So I haven’t tried any clothes on lately, so I have no idea what size I am now. I’m a little scared to know. I do know that I wore my “birthday outfit” to work last week (the Kasper outfit that I bought at 50% off in January) and the skirt was very big.

I am 8 pounds away from my pre-baby weight which is my ultimate goal. However, I haven’t weighed that since….well, before Baby Girl came along. Even after she was born, I couldn’t get rid of those last 5 extra pounds!! Here’s hoping to lose those last 5 for good! And then maybe I might get serious enough to start thinking about Baby No. 2. After we return from Disney, of course. Oops! I didn’t really say that! Maybe that’s after we buy a new house!

Someone asked me what I’ve been eating to loose the weight. The key word is less. I’m eating less and walking three to four times a week. I’ve said before that I’m a Southern Belle and I like my portion sizes, but portion is important. I don’t snack anymore at night. I’m substituting things like brown rice for white rice and I haven’t had a stinkin’ French fry or hamburger since before January 5th! The problem for me is finding foods that are “filling” and when I do need a snack, I normally reach for something that is 100-calorie. I have quite a various stash built up. I know that I still may not be eating as “nutritionally” as I should, but at this point, it works for me. I eat a lot of cereal at night (I try to stay in the 150 calorie per serving range), soup (at lunch time), frozen Weight Watcher entrees and I reach for a Slim Fast from time to time. On the weekends, I pretty much eat whatever I want, just in moderation, so I just “diet” only about 4 days a week. If I know we’re going out to dinner, then I won’t eat that much for lunch.

That’s what’s working for me, but I think everyone is different.

On a Disney note, I called to make reservations today for the Bippity-Boppity-Boutique and I got a little irritated. Why, I’m not exactly sure. Can I blame other moms out there that want to do the same thing for their little girls? It’s just that for Boutique reservations, Disney was implementing a new reservation system. So each time I called – which was about twice a month for the last three months – I was told that they could not reserve spots that far in advance and to call back. Well, I called today and the Boutique at Magic Kingdom (there are now two locations) was completely booked up on her birthday. I ended up getting “squeezed in” at 5:30 on the next day. A little disappointing for me, but I don’t think Alise will care. She will fall asleep as a true princess that night! But my advice to those that are traveling to Disney in the new future is to PLAN AHEAD and MAKE RESERVATIONS!!

One more thing…Alise is LOVIN’ this toy that Santa brought her. We finally took it out of the box about two weeks ago. That was mostly my fault because our desk top is in the spare bedroom and up until two weeks ago, you couldn’t even walk in that room (Hugs to Wayne for helping me clean it out!). So he hooked it up for her and I was so amazed last night as I watched her draw and write “on the computer.” She knows what buttons to push and how to change colors, post her art work, and everything! It has kept her occupied more than any toy ever has! I was very pleased with this Christmas gift.

Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, too. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your weight loss! doesn't it feel good?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so GREAT with your diet!! I'm very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you, girl!!!!!! "WEIGH" to go!!!!

    xo,

    Shannon

    P.S. I found some cozy Danskin yoga pants and an adorable matching sweatshirt with drawstring waist at Walmart....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, is right! Secretly, I was hoping you guys might want another little one. I would love for our kids to be {somewhat} close to the same ages. I understand about wanting to be in a slightly bigger house before thinking about it. Oh, I'm so excited. Hey, call me when you need the PG clothes & I'll ship them your way.

    Take care and good luck with weigh-in day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job, girl. Good for you. We are doing well here in NV partly because we can walk outdoors every day. The hikes in Joshua Tree didn't hurt us either.

    I truly believe portion control is the secret.

    Glad you managed to get a reservation at Disney. Like you said, it won't matter to Alise which day she goes.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I am so happy for you - I hope tomorrow goes well. Are you doing WW? I have been eating kids meals every since having kids and its just thr right portion and WW points. So maybe when you get to your goal weight you can try bringing fries back in, i am not from the south and I even get a french fry craving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you! That is fantastic. I'm watching my weight right now too and it is HARD, but when the weight is coming off it is so motivating. I love clothes at Target. I'm sorry you couldn't find anything.

    You are right...even though it wasn't the day/time you wanted, Elise will still be a princess and she will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the skinny-ness! Just returned from Disney and am trying to catch up on everyone's posts! I saw so many little girls who had been to that bip-bop boutique and they were cracking me up! The bouffant hair dos with the glitter and extensions were a riot! Even some of the MOMS were dressed as Cinderella and Snow White. Isn't that crazy? We went during the "off season" and it was a MAD HOUSE so get ready! You'll have to email me and let me tell you about some of the yummiest food ever that we had there! I'm so excited for you guys! It was really fun. When I post my pics, you'll have to call Alise over to the computer and get her all pumped up at the sights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Laura!! You are doing SO great and you look great too!! Disney will be so wonderful and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to comment the other day, but this just wasn't going cooperate.

    Congrats on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete