Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Go-Go Goes Dancing


What? Belinda Carlisle on "Dancing With The Stars?"

Some of you are too young to remember the '80's all-girl rock band, "The Go-Go's." I know this because I barely remember them and I'm thirty-six!! But I DO remember the lead singer, Belinda Carlisle, making her solo debut in the late '80's to early 90's. Does anyone remember the song, "Heaven is a Place on Earth" or "Circles in the Sand"?

I admit. I was a BC fan in her hey-day. That is, until I found out that she posed for Playboy. Something about that just turned me off.

So the name Belinda Carlisle isn't a one that I've heard alot for the past few years. That is, until.....tonight when I found out that she was a contestant on this season's DWTS that premeries next Monday night.

Can you believe that she is 50 years old?

I sure hope she gets a chance to wear all those sexy little numbers like the other female contestants. This outfit makes her look old to me.

What do you think? Are you a DWTS fan? Who would you just love to see on this show? And who are you cheering for this season? If you haven't met the contestants yet, go here.
Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a DWTS fan, but I had seen who was on the show. I had no idea who this lady was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, add me to that list of too young to remember her, but I do know those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had her CASSETTE TAPE in high school--used to listen to it with my Walkman with the extra cushy, foam covered-earphones (do you remember THOSE ancient things, Laura, ROFL!). I used to buy 45's on my turntable in junior high...top that one! I don't like getting old. But HEY--40 is the new 30, so they say!!! :o)

    I always thought Belinda Carlisle was so pretty! I loved her voice.

    You always make my day. I love traveling down memory lane. Hugs to you!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact the she is 50 makes me feel ancient! I loved her back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember doing a cheerleading routine back in 1983 (?) to "We've Got the Beat" by the Go Gos. Always loved them, and I'm 40 so I remember them well! LOL

    I hope she does well. I like the "older" ladies (my age!! ha!) to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge DWTS fan but I have seen it a few times (I did watch when Kim Kardashian was on b/c I loved watching her make a fool of herself). I totally remember The Go-Go's...I used to love their music!! I can't believe Belinda Carlisle is 50...she still looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of Belinda Carlisle! Heaven is a Place on Earth is one of my absolute faves!! I don't really watch DWTS, but may have to this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love DWTS!
    I was also a BC fan-and didn't know she posed for Playboy...yuck.
    I was surprised she was fifty, too. But then again, I was a teen listening to her, and I am mid-thirty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE DWTS! I'm kind of disappointed with the lineup, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised! I'm looking forward to Monday night.

    ReplyDelete