Saturday, March 07, 2009

Family Circus

One pony ride, two bags of uneaten cotton candy, one icee, two "glow things," and three hours later, we made it home from the Circus! Alise loved it!!! She is just at the right age to enjoy it. Her favorite part was the pigs - don't ask because I never thought I would see pigs at a Circus! However, Alise thinks she saw "Wilbur" and he tinkled all over the place, so that's all she talks about now. Forget the woman that changed clothes in a shower of confetti or the awesome juggler, or the great trapeze guys, the pigs are all she can remember!! But don't dare mention the clowns! She wouldn't go near a clown no matter how hard I begged.

Soon after intermission, I could tell that she started getting tired. We probably should have left then, but she insisted on staying. The Circus didn't end until 10:15, so it was nearly three hours past her bedtime by the time we got home. We all put our pj's on and crashed.


On Saturday morning, we headed to Mississippi to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Alise and I pigged out on cake, punch, and the chocolate fountain. When she saw the fountain, her eyes lit up and I knew what she was thinking....she was remembering the chocolate fountain that Leigh had at her house for the Super Bowl party. She was very excited to dip her own fruit in the chocolate.



My Mom, Alise, and me at the party. Check out our baby pictures here.

My Aunt and Uncle

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at the Renaissance.


On the way home, Wayne and I remembered that we had to "spring forward" one hour that night. Wayne was happy because it will still be sunlight when he gets home from work now. I like to "fall back" every October, but I don't like to "spring forward" for various reasons. In my world, it should be dark by 8:00 every night.

This afternoon, I took a huge plastic box FULL of clothes and shoes to the drop off point for our local Munchkin Market this coming weekend. If you live here locally, RUN to this huge sale of great conditioned children's consignment clothes! Lots of baby clothes, toys, furniture, and accessories, too!

Alise has finally decided on her birthday cake! Here is the winning cake (or one similiar to it):

I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't the cake that I had picked out, but, oh, well. It's her party. I plan to order the birthday supplies from here later this week. I need to finalize the party time and leave a deposit at the Children's Museum and then I can have the invitations printed.

Have a great week!

Laura.Sign

14 comments:

  1. Girllllll,

    Your face is SKINNY in this picture! I noticed that right away (you pretty thing!). I did!! I love Alise's toile dress with monogram. I am glad you had a good weekend.

    I love seeing your cute family pictured throughout your blog.

    xo,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ liked the pigs too! But that couple that kept changing clothes was too cool! We missed the trapeze-that is always my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl!!! You look skinny! Glad you had a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You look SO beautiful in that picture of you with your mom and girlie!

    (Wish our kids had fun at the circus, but it totally freaked them out!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just hit me today that I think you left me a comment wanting me to e-mail you, and I don't think I got around to it. I'm so sorry! My e-mail address is melissalester@elmore.rr.com, if you're still speaking to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alise looks so happy!! Glad you had a fun and wonderful weekend!! You are looking so great Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. Love the cake. Oh and I despise springing forward. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last thing, I can tell you've been losing some pounds, friend. Check out that skinny face;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So once again I had a lot of catching up to do on reading..... You all have been one busy family! Circus sounded fun, and beautiful dress for the 5oth wedding anniv. party. :) Congrats on losing weight! Feels good to say your clothes are loose!!! Keep up the good work! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are looking good!

    We went to the circus this weekend too...Carter didn't like the clowns, with the excpetion of one dressed like a baseball player. He liked that guy but only because he looked like a baseball player and not as much like a clown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look SO good and slim!!

    The Circus sounded like it was a lot of fun (but cmon now...an uneaten bag of cotton candy. I would have SO taken care of that for you. Love that stuff!)

    The anniversary trip sounds great too, and mmmm on the chocolate fountain.

    That cake will be great! Sydney's bday's at the end of the month and she's decided she wants a Beach Party. I am planning on making a cake that looks like a sun!

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Laura,

    Love the pics of Alise and her mommy and daddy. You LOOK MARVELOUS, so much thinner. You are doing great.

    Sounds like you guys had a grand weekend.

    BTW, both of my girls were terrified of clowns.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather took Cameron on Sunday night and when they got home all he could talk about were the elephants and how they "sat on stools like boys and girls do!" it was so cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you ever get the chance to come and visit us, I'll take you to meet the real Wilbur. The pig form the movie lives here and his owner is the dad of a friend of mine. Of course, he's not so little any more.....

    ReplyDelete