Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day At The Park

Today as I sat on the bright red bench of our local park watching Alise run from swing to slide to balance beam thingy and back to swing, my heart overflowed with thankfulness. I said a short prayer and thanked God for the blessing of my daughter and for the gorgeous day He had given us!

Apparently, I have been cooped up behind a desk just "looking" at some of these nice Spring days from my office window entirely too long. And, yes, I've been envying some of you of your nice weather days. I finally got to "participate," too, today and I loved it!!

Here are some pics from our morning at the park:






Soon after we got to the park, I noticed an older girl with an Alabama t-shirt on. I talked to her and learned that she attended the same school with Alise. I spoke to her mother and learned that yes, indeed, they were Alabama fans! Her husband was from Birmingham. Small world! Here is a picture of Alise and her new Bama friend, Lauren. I had on my "Got Nick?" t-shirt and Lauren told her mom that she wanted one! I'm a style-setter! What can I say?

After our picnic, Alise's best friend, Allie, showed up with her babysitter. The girls were estatic to see one another! They chased one another, picked flowers and chased after the squirrels they saw in the park. I had a hair appointment at 1:00, but I had promised Alise some ice-cream, so we stopped by TCBY on the way. Notice Alise's blue teeth! Alise had an ENT appointment at 3:00. She overheard me telling my hairdresser that the doctor wanted to take out Alise's tubes because they hadn't fallen out on their own yet. She cried all the way to the appointment because she didn't want her tubes taken out. I finally convinced her that Dr. D was just going to look at her ears today and that was all. Whell....Dr. D made Mommie out to be a big fat liar and I wasn't too happy about that!! He actually ended up REMOVING the vent tube in her right ear right there in his office!! He said it was about to fall out! Now, I'm not sure just how painful it really was, but Alise came out of the chair and I nearly died right there in the room! I was ticked!! She cried and kept saying, "My ear hurts! He hurt my ear!" I could barely pull myself together to pay the co-pay and get out of there! I kept telling Alise, "We'll talk about it in the car, baby!" When I finally got her to the car, I hugged her and told her that I was SO sorry and that I had NO idea he was going to do what he did. I felt like dirt. She forgave me when I told her that I would take her to the mall to ride the carousel. Of course, once we got there, she wanted to go to BABW, too, AND build a bear. I made her call her daddy and ask him and he convinced her to wait until we could all go to see her build her bear.

Check out Gymboree's Spring Break deals!! Lots of pink (in Kid Girl sizes)! I think I even read about free shipping!

And if you haven't commented for my bloggy giveaway, make sure you do soon! Last day is tomorrow (Friday)!

Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. wow, sounds like a great day--except for the ENT part. I am loving those blue ice cream teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Spring day you had at the park! I felt like I was there--great pics. Love the blue teeth (LOL).

    Ryan had two sets of tubes (#1 at 10 months and #2 at 22 months). A year ago August, her ENT did a follow-up exam and said he was going to remove them. I said, "Does she have to go back to the OR?" He said no and then proceeded to talk Ryan through being papoosed to the table...he placed some micropic thingy through the otoscope and extracted the tube right then and there. I couldn't believe Ryan never budged and one of the tubes was still in her eardrum. Caroline was watching her little sister and ended up doing all the crying for her. Ha! ;)

    I wish you healthy TMs that are free from infections. We have been good. Ryan had 3 double infections this winter but that was the first since the second set of tubes 4 years ago! Those tubes got us through some nightmare days!!!

    xo,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day! From one extreme to the other...glad it ended on a good note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN, I LOVE this warm weather!!! The park looks so much fun and I love the pic of the two of you together! :) Hope ya'll have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful spring day! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beautiful day to be at the park! And another gorgeous day here today too!

    Love the Bama shirts!! It's so much fun how you meet Bama fans just about anywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day at the park!! Loving the picnic outside, I can't wait until its warm enough here to do that again with the boys! Seems like they eat better outside,lol!! And...the SAME thing happened to me yesterday with Aidan. His croupy cough hasn't gone away and I took him to the doctor. He was scared to death to go because he thought he would get a shot. I told him he wasn't getting one, they just wanted to listen to his chest. Well...what do you know, they had to give Aidan a steroid shot. He was so terrified and I felt SO terrible :-( Not a good day yesterday!! Anyway, loving Alise's blue teeth, ha ha! And I need to get to Gymbo, I have a $20 gift card burning my pocket,lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a fabulous day with your daughter...don't you just love days like that? She looks so happy!!! Love the blue teeth!

    That's really crummy what the ENT did...it's doctors like that that make children scared of the medical profession in the first place!! I hope her next experience is much more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to enter your giveaway because I LOVE fleur de lys but I won your last one!!! I think the second picyure you posted of Alise looks a lot like you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like y'all have so much fun and YAY for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They always pick the teeth dyin' blue stuff!

    ReplyDelete