Monday, February 23, 2009

Today is Fat Tuesday and Boy, Do I Feel FAT!

My 11 pound loss is slowly flying out the window! I've fallen off the wagon the last three days in a row! Old habits die hard. Especially when my activity center is closed for Mardi Gras break.

I'm the Gras in Mardi.

It all started when I needed to use up the leftover Chex cereal this weekend. I made "Muddy Buddies" aka, "Puppy Chow" for Wayne. I told myself I wasn't going to eat any. I lied. I couldn't stop. It was just too good!

Then, Sunday night, I had pizza. PIZZA, people! Do you know how long it's been since I had pizza? On Monday I did good until Wayne forgot his truck keys at work and I had to take him a set. We ended eating out that night at O'Charley's. Their rolls are to die for!

So let's just quit talking about food (By the way, I've decided that I'm not even going to weigh this week).

We rented movies this weekend. All Kirk Cameron fans need to watch, "Fireproof." Well, actually, everyone needs to watch "Fireproof." It is a wonderful movie! I rented Angelina's movie, "Changeling" and thought it was good until Alise started asking too many questions (she was playing in the livingroom and I didn't realize she was listening) and so I had to quit watching. The movie was due back before I got to finish it. That's how my luck goes. Wayne rented one of "his" movies, but I don't know the name of it. He fell asleep in the chair while watching it if that tells you anything. Oh! And we watched, "Flash of Genius," which is what I call the "windshield wiper story" and it was good, too.

Happy Mardi Gras!

P.S. I thoroughly apologize for my tyraid, aka "hissy fit" yesterday, but 4-lane traffic really is my pet peeve. I think every street in the entire United States should have a middle turning lane. Maybe we can fix this problem with the "Obama money" since most of it is going to infrastructure improvements anyway. Not if our governor has anything to say about it. But that's another hissy fit.

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. I am embracing fat tuesday by eating hash browns for breakfast. with sausage gravy.
    oops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of skipping my weigh in this week too. Me falling of the wagon this past weekend extended itself into Monday, and I feel like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fat Tuesday! I fell off the wagon 6 months ago. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with a little venting!! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fat Tuesday seems to fit me today,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't beat yourself too much over indulging in some of your favorite foods! You have to do that every once in awhile or you'll go nuts!! I find when I deprive myself of something I really want, it just makes it that much harder to stick to a diet!! Tomorrow's another day, right?

    Thank you for your thoughts and words of wisdom yesterday regarding Cole's surgery. He's doing well today. As for the mix-up, I really appreciated your insight!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have hit a bump in my weight loss too...I keep telling myself that I really need to kick it in gear, but I have been cheating too much lately!

    We watched Fireproof a couple of weeks ago and it was such a good movie. We rented it again to watch with a friend who is having marriage trouble too. Hope it helps them!

    ReplyDelete