Friday, February 20, 2009

Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez

No, the title to this post is not a major typo. It's French for "Let the Good Times Roll." And roll it did today at Alise's school!


I didn’t go to the Mardi Gras parade at her school today simply because I didn’t think it was going to be that big of a deal. Needless to say, I was wrong. The King and Queen of our local Krewe of Janus were there and passed out beads to the children. Alise’s Pre-K3 class sported decorated umbrellas and threw beads in the parade to the older children. Our local newspaper showed up to take pics and Lori took some with her camera, too, but she hasn't sent them to me yet.

Here are a few pics from our newspaper's website. We're going to check the newspaper in the morning to see if Alise and her friends might be in it. I love this! My little girl is a Sweet Lamb.
And here is my haggard child. Notice the falling barretts in her hair and I promise I really did dress her in Mardi Gras colored clothes, but the weather was too chilly for the little ones. Actually, I'm surprised that she is wearing a jacket because she is so hot natured. She told me that she really enjoyed her "bead throwing"! And if you're wondering why Alise isn't carrying a decorated umbrella, it's because after everything that happened in my world last week and being sick this week, I simply didn't have the energy to decorate one for her. But she seemed perfectly content with carrying her Mermaid umbrella instead.

These are Alise's best friends, Emma and Allie.

Can you see Alise getting her beads?

Laura.Sign


11 comments:

  1. soooo sweet! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these mini Mardi Gras parades!!! So cute. Looks like everyone had a blast.

    Hape you have a rockin' weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in the local paper = famous!
    Love the pictures. Alise is adorable!

    Are you on the mend?? ((((LAURA)))

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alise is adorable!! Aidan had a Mardi Gras celebration at his school and both Aidan and Evan had so much fun!! Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a little celebrity on your hands! Looks like she is handling it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH!!!!! See!! I told you she was famous!!! Thata girl! Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, shucks, LOL--wrong post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fun. My husband and I are seriously talking about making a trip to New Orleans in the next year. He has been once, but had to cut his trip short due to a hurricane evacuation. Hopefully when we come again we will have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Fun! Monroe, LA was mentioned in Steel Magnolias, I'm sure you knew that!

    ReplyDelete