Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day (with pics)!

I thought I would post some pictures of our Valentine weekend in "slide show style" since there were so many pictures from our great weekend. I apologize for the "messiness," but it was my first time using Smilebox.

It started with Alise's Valentine party at school on Friday afternoon. Wayne got to play my part in the party while I traveled with my family out of town for my Grandmother's burial. I don't think he cared for his role too much because he said he was the only dad there and he was dressed in a suit, too (leaving straight from the funeral). Oh, well! I was shocked to see Alise's aid, Ms. Jane, at my Grandmother's funeral! She is dating one of my cousins. Small world. When I got back home later that evening, we took Alise to the mall to eat at Chic-fil-a and ride the carousel.

This morning we headed to our local zoo and had a blast!! Even though the zoo was still in its "winter season" and it was rather cool, the highlights of our day were getting to feed Gerry the Giraffe, riding Sadie the Horsie, and meeting Tank the Rhino (the newest attraction). Alise took in everything and seems to be just at the right age to really enjoy the zoo. I loved getting to experience today with her and through her eyes! It was awesome! A great Family Day!

The zoo's concession stand was closed, so we weren't able to have the picnic like we had planned. We ended up going to a Mexican Restaurant for a late lunch and from there to Academy Sports to look around. Wayne wanted to buy Alise a swing set, but I thought it would be a better to wait a few more months.

Alise's poor face is still bruised, but I am SO thankful that we are not in the ER tonight like we were last week at this time!






Click to play Alise's School Valentine
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Click to play VDay at the Zoo
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Laura.Sign

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I so love her in her uniforms! That sad little black / green eye, bless her little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, that pic of you with Alise with you sunglasses on and she sort of looks like she is laughing--SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Love the pics! Looks like ya'll had a great time. We havent met the giraffe at the zoo yet, but are planning that very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend. I love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are GREAT! I can't believe how much better she looks!! I just know this week is going to be MUCH better than last week!!

    Wish you were here with me and all my 9th grade boys.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that ya'll had such a great family weekend! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE her pigtails. SO cute! I wish our zoo here in LR was better. It's such a letdown every time we go. Glad you have a great one.

    I really think once A is all healed up, you will never know what happened. Evan had a spill with his nose that was much more injured (his was pretty deep) and you can't even tell it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura--

    I was thinking about you the day of the funeral. Hope things went ok for your family. ((((HUGS)))

    You guys do the best family STUFF! I want to move in....you are always doing something fun.

    Have a happy day!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you all had a lovely weekend! All the pics were great! Wow, she really did bruise up her eye, didn't she? Poor baby!! Hope it heals soon!!!

    BTW, I love her pigtails! My daughter is going through a pigtail stage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute pictures. What a great weekend you had together as a family. Alise is looking great. She looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! What a great Valentine's Day!! I bet Alise was so excited and it must have been so nice to spend the day with fun family time! I love all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures...it looks like a wonderful V-Day for your family! I love Alise's pink clothes in the zoo pics...the headband is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete