Thursday, February 26, 2009

Flashback Friday - Can You Guess Who These Little Ladies Are?




I am SO excited about this post!

My mom and her sisters have been busy going through some of my Grandmother's things since her death (things that weren't sold in a garage sale about a year and a half ago when she finally relented and entered the nursing home). They came across alot of pictures and divided them up between one another.

On Tuesday morning when I dropped Alise off, my mother wanted to show me a certain picture and when I saw that she had all three generations of our baby pictures at about the same age, I asked to borrow them so that I could scan and post them here. I can't get over the resemblance. It is especially apparent when all three pictures are side by side.

Wasn't I a fat little baby? My mom told me that she had to "prop" me up for this photo shoot. She said that I was so fat that I couldn't sit up! How funny is that?

Actually, my mom and I are closer to the same age in these pictures...about 6 months. The picture of Alise was her nine month photo. It was when the pillowcase dresses were just coming in style and I bought that cute dress that same day at our Junior League's Spring Market.

Last night was my first date with the treadmill in a week. Our activity center had been closed for Mardi Gras break. And although it was hard to get back in the swing of things, I was glad to be exercising again....and wishing to goodness I had not eaten all that so-fattening food last week! I'm thinking about joining a Pilates class on Tuesdays at the center. I'm not sure if I'm ready for total embarrassment yet. Does anyone do Pilates?

Today was my usual "weigh day." I told myself I wasn't going to put myself through the anquish since I was SO bad, but I decided to go ahead and jump on the scales anyway. I LOST (point) two pounds!! W oo-hoo!! I just knew I had gained! I also lost another half inch on my waist and hips (I measure every two to three weeks). This is just the mementum that I needed to keep going! Last night while I was walking, I just kept thinking about that chocolate cake at Cinderella's castle!!

So to all my Diet Friends - Hang in there! Don't quit! Challenge yourself to keep going! You can do it!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!


BTW, I have LOTS of pictures to share next week!


Oh! And just one more thing. I'm still trying to figure out Twitpic from my blackberry for my Twitter updates. I know most of you like to post your status on Facebook, but for some crazy reason that I can't explain, I like Twitter better and I've decided that this will probably be the way that I post pictures and update while we are at Disney. Feel free to follow me if you want to.

And thank you so much to everyone who gave Disney tips! I tried to reply - and ask even more questions - to all of them!


Now, I am going to click on the "publish" button and hush.

Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. That is SO cool. You should make copies of the 3 pics and frame them together

    Are we linked up on twitter? I cant get on from work but if you follow me from my blog I will remember to follow you back tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are so cute!! I agree with Cammie... you should def. put those pics in a frame together!!

    Sorry to hear about your gandmother.... where have I been?!?! All the same, I am sorry and am praying for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree, you need to frame those together-so precious!!! I'll have to figure out twitpic too, sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey laura, I've been a bit out of pocket, but have enjoyed reading all your posts from the past couple of weeks. I'm so so sorry about Alise's accident. I'm glad she's making a recovery, I hope she's doing great.
    I know how excited you must be about your disney trip. We had a GREAT time when we went in Aug last year, it was just really hot. I think you're picking a great time to go though, warm but not scorching hot! my email is adamandjenniferwood@yahoo.com email me if you want and I can give you some tips for your trip if ya want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all those sweet pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby pictures! So cute! It would be so much fun to compare baby pictures. Do you have any baby pictures of Wayne? It would be neat to compare you, Alise, and Wayne's pics.

    Great job on exercising! I was at the gym on the treadmill last night myself. I have really been slacking. I probably should take some measurements too. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat!!! I think I'll go back and see if I can find pics of the girls and I at the same age. I know I don't have any of my mom.

    Good for you about the weight. I don't have a scales available to me here but I know I am doing well. It's the exerecise for us.

    Have a great weekend.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the generation pics! Congrats on the continued weight loss! I took 2 days off this week from the gym so I am headed there tonight for sure! I have done pilates. I prefer yoga but you will sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! What a fun Flashback Friday!

    And your words on the diet front were just what I needed! Since I went home last week, I've been eating like crap!!! I'm feeling like crap too, so I need to get back on track....after one last B'day party for T tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word: TRIPLETS!

    Amazing resemblance! You are all cutie patooties, too. :o)

    xo,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read your fender bumper post. I have done the very same thing. Except both cars had damage. I still say I was only half at fault!! Is that possible?

    My friends are at Disney right now and Thursday or Friday they had the lunch with the Disney princesses. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    I love the 3 generations. Wouldn't that make a neat hanging on the wall!! I'll go now! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the exercising - I don;t do it ...because...I know how truely hard it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures are all SO sweet...and you can definitely see the resemblances. I love it!

    ReplyDelete