Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Could Things Possibly Get Any Worse?

Just when I thought I was getting my bloggin’ groove back, my mother called me at work to tell me that my Grandmother had died earlier this morning. She was my mom’s mom who was diagnosed with three brain tumors between Thanksgiving and Christmas. She has gone to be with my Grandfather in Heaven. He’s been waiting on her for twenty-one years. They are finally reunited.

I just wanna know….could this week possibly get any worse?

I do have some good news to report about Alise. I felt so sorry for her on Tuesday (first day back at school) that I surprised her by picking her up early. It was after 3 o’clock before the idea ever hit me, so I didn’t get there in time to pick her up in the pick-up line, but she was in the cafeteria with the other extended day kids getting a snack. She was sitting in the lap of one of the teachers and of course, the teacher wanted to know what happened. I bought Alise an icee and candy and we headed over to the library. Then, our favorite children’s librarian wanted to know what happened. Oh, well. I can’t hide her forever. Her face is beginning to look SO much better! I can’t believe how quickly children’s skin really does heal. I’m still praying for no scars.

I talked to Ms. K yesterday, too, and she said Alise did fine her first day back. She said she kinda stayed over to the side while the other kids played, but one of the aids got her playing with the group. She said all her classmates wanted to know what had happened and they just loved on her.

I saw Allie and Emma and asked them if they had given hugs to Alise. They both said, “Oh, yes! We gave her lots of hugs!” and then they wanted the whole story about what had happened. Allie asked me, “Was- um – was Alise wearing her seatbelt?” I wanted to lie so dog-gone bad! But I said, “No, Alise wasn’t wearing her seatbelt. They were broken.” And that’s when they each chimed in that they wear their seatbelts “all the time!” I said, “Yep! That’s why we wear seatbelts! So we won’t get hurt!” You would be so proud of me. But I think if Alise had been wearing a seatbelt, something would have gotten broken fer sure.

Now I have another dilemma. Alise’s Valentine party at school begins at 1:30 on Friday. I’ve been telling her all week that I would be there and that after her party, she could come back to the office with me for a few hours. She was pumped! Well, with my Grandmother’s funeral, that doesn’t look like it is going to happen.

Something I haven’t shared this week is the fact that my laptop got a virus. Naturally, Wayne says it’s “my” fault, but he was nice enough to take care of getting it fixed for me. “Fixed for me” in that I have no pictures from December 11th of 2008 forward! No Christmas photos, no birthday pictures, no Super Bowl pictures…nothing. Zilch. Zero. I’m sick. You people KNOW how I feel about my pictures!! Wayne said, “Just download them back from your blog!” First of all, I don’t know how to do that and secondly, I don’t post ALL my pictures. I'm not happy about that at all!

I leave you with a few Valentine pictures: With everything that has gone on this week, I didn't have time to go all out on Alise's Valentine gift to Ms. K. The kisses are milk chocolate, caramel chocolate, and dark chocolate with raspberry filling. I would be happy!!


I had originally bought Alise the standard paper Valentines, but last week when I was at Target, I found these great chocolate filled valentines. Perfect for the boys and girls in her class! The "To" and "From" are on the back.



I bought this little container for Alise last year at Walmart for $1. Her valentines from her daycare were still in there from last year and she loved seeing them and having me read the names to her from who they were from. I'm going to let her take her valentines to school in it again this year. I forgot to mention that Wayne and I had our Valentine date a week early. We went out to eat while Alise spent the night with my mom and dad Friday night. We got sick. Thank goodness the movie we wanted to see was sold out. I should have known it was gonna be a bad weekend! Alise playing in her Cinderella playhouse about fifteen minutes before the accident.


Tomorrow is "Think Thin Thursday"! How are all my diet friends doing?
Laura.Sign

17 comments:

  1. So sorry about your grandmother. I hope things start to get better for you and your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You are so blessed to have had her in your life for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I am sure things will start to look up! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. On another note, you should download the program called Picasa. It puts a program on the computer, searches your WHOLE computer for pictures and organizes them by folder/date, etc...then you can upload them to a website in individual albums and use that as your backup...just a suggestion! Better yet, how bout I do it for you...:) Praying for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your grandmother. I will be praying and thinking of you.

    You and Wayne are the cutest couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Laura. I'm just now catching up on what happened with Alise. I am SO sorry! I'm so glad she is okay. If is makes you feel any better about the scarring...Evan fell at pre-school one time and skinned (well, really took flesh off) his nose. I was so worried about scarring. It did have a different color at first, but now you can't even see it at all. I'm sure it will all be fine. Hugs to you and that sweet girl! Oh, and going to the ER stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry to hear about your grandmother....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Laura I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Praying for peace for you all and healing too! It WILL get better.... I know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Bless your heart, you've really been through it this week. How is your mom? Please give her our love. I'll try calling you later.

    I'm so glad to hear Alise is doing better. That first day is usually hard to get through. She is such a trooper.

    You and your family are in our prayers! We love you! Give baby girl hugs and kisses for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a really rough week! I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

    I love the jar you made for Alise's teacher...I think I might try something like that tonight!

    I still haven't done my Valentine's Day shopping for Carter...better get on that!

    Dieting is going well, I hit my second goal yesterday so that gave me an added boost that I needing so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. No matter how old our grandparents are or how sick they may have been, it's never an easy thing to loose someone who has been in your life for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your loss, but glad to hear Alise is healing well! She's been on our prayer list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Here's hoping for things to start looking up for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother :-( Please take care!! I just wanted to say that you are looking so fabulous lately!! Great job with your diet!! Me, not so hot this week with the stress of Kevin's back. Seems like I'm constantly going on and off this diet train. I love Alise's Valentines and love her Valentine bucket. I have to find something like that for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard to say goodbye to your grandmother...hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura,
    I am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete