Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Catching Up

The Horton's have just been living large. Just living life as we know it: work, dance lessons, more work, gymnastics, and exercising (Me. Only me on that part).

Can you believe that I never even thought about framing those three pictures until my sweet blogging peeps suggested it? I just wanna hit my forehead and shout out, "DUH!!" Thank you so much for the idea! I love it and I plan to do it, too! I'll let you know how it turns out.

And thanks to Lauren for suggesting that I remember to show Alise's "TP bridal portrait" at her own wedding one day! Yep! I think the future "Mr. Alise Horton" {ahem!} would find them rather funny and most attractive. Ha!

I haven't had a chance to talk to Alise about her birthday cake yet. However, I emailed Cindy (scroll down to see Alise's picture) about my ideas and sent her the link to the cake pictures on my blog. She said that cake #5 (the more detailed cake and my fave) wouldn't be a problem at all. I was so happy, that I did a little happy dance!

Here is our picture "catch up":


This pic was taken Valentine's-Eve at our mall during "The Horton Friday Nite Ritual."



I found these MM shaped pizzas at a grocery store that I don't shop at frequently, so I was really surprised by them. I thought they would make a perfect entree for anyone having a MM birthday and they tasted wonderful. Sorry, but it's been so long that I don't remember the brand name. However, this was the pizza I was eating with my Slim Fast that Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago. Ha!


Alise playing dress up!


The morning of "Pink Day" at school. I can't believe I got her to wear this dress! Alise is holding up a book that Allie gave her for Christmas.



Emma & Alise on "Pink Day."



Thank you so much for your sweet comments about Alise's face that is continuing to heal. It is looking so much better and we continue to put the over-the-counter derma cream on it. I've said before that she seems to be so oblivious to what happened - although she does bring it up from time to time - but as of now, she isn't necessarily concerned with her looks. Now, her hair? THAT'S a different story! She has hit the pig-tail phase again and brushes her hair all the time.

I also wanted to give a little hope to some of you moms of younger children - perferably little girls. THE WORLD OF 4'S IS WONDERFUL!!! The two's were terrible and I think the three's were worse, but so far, the four's have been great! No more whining, crying sprees, or temper tantrums! Alise is minding her manners without even having to be reminded - most of the time. Finally, I think my world is looking up and I can see a little of my hard work paying off! However, I did hear her say, "What?" to Lori on Monday at dance and I nearly fell out of my chair from cringing! I can't stand that!! It's a pet peeve of mine.

Today was Spring picture day at school. It was a free dress day, which meant no uniform, so guess what color we wore! I wouldn't let Alise wear pig tails, so I suggested a pink bow or headband instead. She opted for the pink headband, but then began complaining when we were walking out the door to go to school that it was too tight. I threatened her that when I got her proofs back, that pink headband better be on her head!! I didn't care what she did after her picture was taken. I'm such a mean mother!

Friday night we are taking Alise to the circus and Saturday we are heading to Mississippi for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversery. I'm hoping Wayne will let me do a little shopping while we are there.
Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the age of 4 is better than 3. Some days I want to seriously pull out my hair, but then the other days Carter is a perfect little angel. You guys have been busy. That Mickey Pizza is so cute...Carter would just love that!

    Have fun at the Circus. We have one in our town this week that I would like to catch if nothing else comes up. It would be Carter's first trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for that because the almost 3 year old girl is WAY more evil then the 3 year old boy ever was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 has been great for Aidan!! Evan is still in that terrible 2 phase and I'm hoping it will soon be a distant memory!! Loving all the pictures, and that Mickey Mouse Pizza is SO Cute! I'll have to keep my eye out for that at the grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy. I am glad 4's are going so well for you! Super cute pizzas, I would love to run across those. I once found MM burgers, that I thought the kids would go nuts for. They were totally over-priced but I got them anyway. Total Disappointment, no one ate them:( But I am a sucker and would buy those pizzas!

    ReplyDelete