Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tag!! (Good-bye Edward & Bella)

I was tagged last week by my new Canadian friend, Pam. It's taken me all week to finally get around to posting about it, but better late than never. Here goes:

The Rules:
*Grab the nearest book.
*Open the book to page 56.
*Find the FIFTH sentence.
*Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one; pick the CLOSEST.
*Tag five other people to do the same.

When I read Pam's tag, I was on our desktop in the spare bedroom. At that time, the CLOSEST book to me was, Breaking Dawn, by Stephanie Meyer. It was on my "books I have read" shelf. I feel it's only fair that even now - a week later - that I give Edward and Bella their due because I did not even finish reading the book! Call me a quiter. Call me what ever you like, but after two-thirds of the book, I had had enough of the ridiculousness (yes, that's a word). I've moved on. So I may never know how their story ends.

So here is to Edward and Bella....the fifth sentence on page 56 of Breaking Dawn:

"The music changed, and Charlie tapped on Edward's shoulder."

I tag:
*Leigh (because I know she loves to read)
*Whitney
*Jen
*Danielle
*Brooke

Have fun!!

**UPDATE: I just realized some blogs on my blog roll were missing. If your blog is no longer showing up, please let me know!


Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. Love this tag! I played along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you finish that book! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, Linda, read ALL of them. She said she didn't like them, but had to finish. She told me right away that I wouldn't like them.. Although you didn't tag me, I think I'll do this one anyway.

    I stayed up for the game with my hubby and BIL. I was really, really torn because of Tim Tebow. He is such a wonderful Christian boy. But I don't like FLA.

    I hope the diet continues to go well. We were sooo good until we went to PA. It's so hard to be good when you are visiting family who wants to feed you. My SIL made a triple berry pie; one of my favorites, besides which she is one of the best pie bakers in the USA.

    Sorry this is so long. It's hard when I have to catch up several days at once.

    Hope you are having a nice weekend.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tag...I am in the middle of getting mine put together.

    You didn't finish Breaking Dawn? I am at the very beginning of Eclipse and am having a hard time getting back into it...but I have not really had a lot of extra time to read so far this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you played, I am going to check out your book.

    ReplyDelete