Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Menu & Meme

What's on your table for Super Bowl Sunday? Do you plan to celebrate with friends or in your very own recliner?


I'm helping Leigh host a Super Bowl Party for our church's "Young Professionals" class (I just love that name!). Well, I'm not actually hosting. The party's at Leigh and Brad's and I've just offered to help with the food.


I was driving up to the activity center Thursday night when Leigh IM'ed me and asked me to bring sweets or a dessert. You just don't do that to your best friend when she's getting ready to walk for thirty minutes!! All I thought about the entire time I was walking was eating sweets! So much for having a bag of "100 Calorie M&Ms" with me!


I'm planning on having a little four year old help in the kitchen this weekend to help me with some of these for the party:

Fruit Kabobs



Fruit Pizza

Self-explanatory

So to celebrate Super Bowl weekend, I will start the Super Bowl MEME. Anyone can play.

1. Will you be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday? Yes!

2. Where will you be watching? at our friends' house

3. Who will you be watching the game with? friends and family

4. Which team will you be cheering for? The Cardinals (gotta cheer for those RED teams!)

5. What will be your Super Bowl Menu (or what will you be eating)? Ya know? I really don't know what all Leigh has planned. But at least two items from the pictures above.

6. Score predictions? Cardinals 35 - Steelers 27

Have a great weekend!

Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good!!! I'm starving this morning so any blog that has food on it has been a great one to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, this is one reason we are thinking about moving to the South...Superbowl Sunday. Every year we get bbq and watch it - just the two of us. WOuld be so fun to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks great, especially the with all that fruit!

    I just found out that Josh is working tonight instead of Sunday night so he will be home for the Super Bowl and has invited a friend over to watch...now I get to figure out some yummy treats! Thanks for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really hoping that our Eagles would surprise us again. Oh well! So, I will have to root for the Steelers (it is a PA kind of thing). We are being very low key this Sunday. I hope you enjoy your party!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks so yummy! Have a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I'm so sorry I did that to you while you were walking!! I am a BAD friend!!

    I like everything you have picked out!! YUMMY!!

    We're going to have so much fun! Thanks for all your help (wanna come help me clean????????)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy snacks! I don't think we'll be watching the Super Bowl at our house. I have to work that evening. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is FUN! I may have to steal it from you. LOL

    The food looks great! I love the fruit pizza idea. I think I'm doing some mini ham and cheese sandwiches, ranch ball, and who knows what else?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute stuff!!! I've been meaning to check you out for awhile. We both comment on some of the same blogs.

    Now I'm going to check out Shrimp & Grits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your Super Bowl Party! The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so not fun when it comes to football! My husband is actually going to his brother's house to watch the Superbowl b/c apparently I'm no fun to watch it with! I like the commercials and that's pretty much it!

    Your menu looks yummy!! Hope you all have a blast!

    BTW, you have such a beautiful family!!! Thank you for adding yourself to my follow list! I added myself to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We won't watch the football - just the commercials and halftime! But, I am making chili.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're watching and rooting for the Cardinals too! I love rooting for the underdogs! We're having chili dogs and leftover birthday cake for the menu!

    ReplyDelete