Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday

I did not consider not playing “Not Me Monday” because I had nothing to “Not Me” about. After all, I had not just about summarized our entire weekend here and here. By the way, did you get all those “not’s”?

My three year old daughter was not still up at 11 o’clock last night on a school night! Oh, no! Never! Her daddy didn’t let her nap until after 3 o’clock in the afternoon!! I did not try to help her fall asleep by giving her some Mucinex – which she did not desperately need. And she did not actually get up in a bad mood this morning.

It was not seventy degrees on Saturday morning where we live. I did not have a small layer of ice on my car this morning nor did I have to warm it up for twenty minutes to let the ice thaw. My car never stays out in the weather because my carport is always clean as a whistle.

I did not jump on the scales before I got dressed this morning just to see if I had gained back the 4 pounds that I lost last week from all the cheap Mexican food I consumed last night. And I am not paying for all the salt intake from the chips and salsa, either.

Speaking of food, I never let my daughter have gummies for breakfast. Not me! No. Uh-uh (They are not low in calories)! Never.

I was not thankful for the reprieve on Saturday and Sunday to go walking…by myself…in peace and quiet. I did not remember how much I enjoyed “the sport” and secretly wish that I had never given it up. That thought did not lead to other thoughts of why, oh why did I put all this weight back on and who in the world invented Sonic?!?!

I was not a month later than I should have been for Alise’s three month check up for her ears. We did not see the nurse practitioner last week and she did not tell me that once again Alise’s right ear was corroded over so much that she could not even see the button and that we must begin boiling her ear out with hydrogen peroxide and use antibiotic drops (again). I did not want to strangle Alise when she told the nurse that her ear had been bothering her. It was not news to me!!

Wanna play, too? Visit Mckmama's for more Not Me Monday's.


Laura.Sign

6 comments:

  1. Sonic is evil, really. I did not spend every night over the past summer visiting the happy hour from a grape creme slush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Alise's ear!! And I had pizza over the weekend, so I'm thinking I"m not doing so well on the Weight Watchers, but I'm back on the plan today, minus the brownie that I ate,lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you enjoyed your 'me' time, when out for your walks,

    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always felt so bad when the doctors said the kids had ear infections. I felt like I should have known it already but I guess it doesn't work that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had one of those long nights, too! Talk about the rotten mood! It must travel here as well!

    ReplyDelete